Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Last edited:
@pastrychef What does Radeonboost.kext do and I'm curious why it is in the "off" folder. What would happen if i remove radeonboot.kext from the off folder? I'm asking before removing it because I'm afraid of crashing my system

Your GeekBench Compute scores may go down :D!

The kext basically assigns the correct framebuffers for your Radeon. Without it, your card is assigned generic framebuffers when it boots into the MacOS. The actual advantage of the framebuffers beyond boosted GB scores is debatable. You may notice some increased performance in games.

If you remove it from the off folder, nothing will happen. That is perfectly safe. I think PC has it in there for the option to add it for those who are interested in tweaking around for extra performance with their card.

@pastrychef What does Radeonboost.kext do and I'm curious why it is in the "off" folder. What would happen if i remove radeonboot.kext from the off folder? I'm asking before removing it because I'm afraid of crashing my system

It's a kext that injects more optimized video properties to the built-in drivers. It doesn't work with all video card so I left it off. It won't do any harm if you delete it.

Please see the following for more info regarding RadeonBoost:

Hi there! Just to know.. what's the purpose for GC-Titan Ridge?
And another question: How I can increase the number of usb ports? Could I buy WSD and this work without problems?

Hi there! Just to know.. what's the purpose for GC-Titan Ridge?
And another question: How I can increase the number of usb ports? Could I buy WSD and this work without problems?

GC-Titan Ridge adds Thunderbolt to your build.

I have no idea what a WSD is...

If you need more USB ports, you can either use USB hubs or add macOS compatible PCI-e USB cards to your build.

I just tried Clover r5123. It didn't work very well for me... I'm going to wait for the next release.

Big sur
Capture_decran_2020-10-04_a_11.34.19.jpg

Back