Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yes I can remote in and see it from my laptop still nothing on the monitor connected ...not sure what to do next...

Hmm... That means the system is waking up fine. It's just that your monitor is not getting a signal...

I don't know what can hep resolve this issue... I'm assuming you are using a screen resolution that's smaller than 4K... Have you tried cycling power on the monitor after trying to wake? Have you tried with HDMI?

Yes I can remote in and see it from my laptop still nothing on the monitor connected ...not sure what to do next...
While I can view the screen remotely, I still can't make chnages
Hmm... That means the system is waking up fine. It's just that your monitor is not getting a signal...

I don't know what can hep resolve this issue... I'm assuming you are using a screen resolution that's smaller than 4K... Have you tried cycling power on the monitor after trying to wake? Have you tried with HDMI?
I just realized I can see the screen but it is not interacting, I can't move the mouse etc from the remote and when I move the mouse on the hackintosh it moves on the remote screen but it isn't interacting, like in a bad state...
I can turn off sleep but that is a pain...

While I can view the screen remotely, I still can't make chnages

I just realized I can see the screen but it is not interacting, I can't move the mouse etc from the remote and when I move the mouse on the hackintosh it moves on the remote screen but it isn't interacting, like in a bad state...
I can turn off sleep but that is a pain...

Please try with this config.plist and see if it makes any difference. I suggest trying this from a USB flash drive first in case it's an utter and complete failure.

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.9 KB · Views: 44
Edit: I just read your latest post. It sounds like your config is freezing on wake, so my suggestion probably won't work.

@pk3 : I'm not sure if this will work, but I was having a similar problem with using the iGPU and the motherboard HDMI out on my motherboard, the related Z390 Gaming X. After waking from sleep, the video signal didn't work. It would only come back after unplugging and plugging the cable.

To fix it, I used the Whatevergreen boot argument igfxonln=1 . I am not sure if this argument is only for the iGPU. The description is "force online status on all displays" but I don't know if that means all displays connected to the mobo video ports, or all displays.

It's worth a shot!

Edit: I just read your latest post. It sounds like your config is freezing on wake, so my suggestion probably won't work.

@pk3 : I'm not sure if this will work, but I was having a similar problem with using the iGPU and the motherboard HDMI out on my motherboard, the related Z390 Gaming X. After waking from sleep, the video signal didn't work. It would only come back after unplugging and plugging the cable.

To fix it, I used the Whatevergreen boot argument igfxonln=1 . I am not sure if this argument is only for the iGPU. The description is "force online status on all displays" but I don't know if that means all displays connected to the mobo video ports, or all displays.

It's worth a shot!

Cool! Thanks!

I just wanted to add the following image to help pk3...

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 11.51.24 AM.png

Hi both.

I think that little tip might help quite a few builders :thumbup:

Black screen on wake seems to be a long standing issue with IGPU only users. I've always used dGPU on my desktops so I have little to no experience in this regard. However, on my two Hackintosh laptops, I've never had any issues waking...

Has anyone managed to make Wake On Lan (WOL) work on MacOS, because I'm trying to do this, so in this case the wifi? Has anyone tried?
Both using with Siri / Alexa / Google Assist.

Back