Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I say try pulling the Optane SSD and see if everything returns to normal.
I've disconnected the windows SDD and when I'm trying to install Mojave again the NVM e memory does not appear.
Any idea how to bring it back?

Attachments

• 16003556474699049681643306526210.jpg
    16003556474699049681643306526210.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 36
Hmm, must be because I am in the UK
the Amazon link shows as GIGABYTE Z390 UD
the Newegg link shows as GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING

so it is the one in the Newegg link :thumbup:

Yes it is. Amazon US automatically redirects links to Amazon UK and usually messes up the supposed equivalent.

What I do now is copy the Amazon "B******" ASIN and search for it on Amazon.com. That usually works :thumbup:

I've disconnected the windows SDD and when I'm trying to install Mojave again the NVM e memory does not appear.
Any idea how to bring it back?

If the Optane is out, I don't know what can cause your other SSD to not show.

If the Optane is out, I don't know what can cause your other SSD to not show.
Could I use Transmac from windows to format the NVM e? Well, before to do this I realized on BIOS the M.2 Slot info is appearing M2Q: N/A. (No NVME Device Found). I go to change the memory slot.. I go to try it again

Last edited:
Gotcha! When Optane is installed on the BIOS is changed the SATA Configuration also, so, the NVMe is not going to be readable for the next reboot. To bring it back is required:
1. Go to the BIOS
2. Change the SATA And RST Configuration >> SATA Mode Selection >>Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration into AHCI.
3. Voila!

Now that more of us are using OpenCore, I guess more of us are also having to learn our way around plist editors. I'm using PlistEdit Pro. Quick question, if I am editing a key in the top window, is there a way to jump to the line I am working on in the plist text which is in the lower window?

Now that more of us are using OpenCore, I guess more of us are also having to learn our way around plist editors. I'm using PlistEdit Pro. Quick question, if I am editing a key in the top window, is there a way to jump to the line I am working on in the plist text which is in the lower window?

I don't know of a way to do that.

Also, I think OpenCore Configurator is stable enough for everyday use now.

ProperTree
Made by the creators of OpenCore. Very simple to use once you get it.

@pastrychef Hey, I reback to Catalina and I have sourced version of OpenCore & kexts.
I use iMac19.1 with shikigva=80 but Netflix not working.
You work?

I can go iMacPro1.1 and it work.

@pastrychef Hey, I reback to Catalina and I have sourced version of OpenCore & kexts.
I use iMac19.1 with shikigva=80 but Netflix not working.
You work?

I can go iMacPro1.1 and it work.

Have never had great success at getting DRM working with iMac19,1 system definition and I gave up trying.

Please refer to the following guide:

Back