Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.56.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.56.08 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 33
Then it should be working. Make sure you assign at least 64MB to the IGPU in BIOS.

CFG Lock Disabled in Boot (using F9j bios)
Serial Port Disabled
All other settings according to post #1

Initial Display Output IGFX
Internal Graphics Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated 64M
DVMT Total GFX Mem 256M

No joy :(

CFG Lock Disabled in Boot (using F9j bios)
Serial Port Disabled
All other settings according to post #1

Initial Display Output IGFX
Internal Graphics Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated 64M
DVMT Total GFX Mem 256M

No joy :(

Ok well it appeared to be my monitor?

I unplugged it from my LG 4K and plugged the HDMI into my MSI 2K and it showed up on my 2K no issue.

Not sure what that means but i suppose i'm going to have to do more searching on that front.

Thank you again for all you do. How can i repay you for all the damn hard work you're doing?

Ok well it appeared to be my monitor?

I unplugged it from my LG 4K and plugged the HDMI into my MSI 2K and it showed up on my 2K no issue.

Not sure what that means but i suppose i'm going to have to do more searching on that front.

Thank you again for all you do. How can i repay you for all the damn hard work you're doing?

You may have to change the HDMI setting on your monitor. The motherboard only supports up to HDMI 1.4. Using IGPU with a 4K monitor on this motherboard is less than ideal.

You may have to change the HDMI setting on your monitor. The motherboard only supports up to HDMI 1.4. Using IGPU with a 4K monitor on this motherboard is less than ideal.
yeah i can only really get it working in 2K which i have no problem with but i've definitely had it displaying before. not a huge deal in the long-term i suppose.

I'm having issues with the AppStore, just as described here.
But I'm using OpenCore (provided by pastrychef in this post).
Any suggestions?

I'm having issues with the AppStore, just as described here.
But I'm using OpenCore (provided by pastrychef in this post).
Any suggestions?

Did you enter the Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address?
Did you check if the serial is clean?

Clover and OpenCore EFIs updated with latest versions of the bootloaders and latest versions of kexts.

Clover and OpenCore EFIs updated with latest versions of the bootloaders and latest versions of kexts.
Well that's interesting, I updated to. 0.6.1 and my computer froze... I'm on big sur and checked and saw the patch for wifi but my WiFi kept cycling, without showing any ssid's. How is your system doing? Are you still using big sur? It's been really stable till today. I'll go back to 0.6.0 for now.

Back