Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

What's the bug with monitor look like? I'm using F9k and can only use HDMI with my RX 580...
Also when I use HDMI, after sleep I get black screen.

@pastrychef I have apply bios f9j and I see CFG unlock and Serial port in bios and not have bug with monitor.
With f9k, I have bug with monitor

Looks like that did the trick! Now I get to a MacOS Utilities window, which I didn't expect. Do I opt for a new install from this window?

Yes, new install. Just like on a real Mac.

What's the bug with monitor look like? I'm using F9k and can only use HDMI with my RX 580...
Also when I use HDMI, after sleep I get black screen.

The bug only happens after the initial BIOS update. If you were able to see the BIOS screen, you were not hit with the bug.

Black screen on HDMI is a common problem with using HDMI in macOS. Try lowering the screen resolution and/or refresh rate or, better yet, don't use HDMI.

My issue is even bigger that I can't use DP...
It will go well until the progress bar is almost full, then the screen goes completely black...
I have to use HDMI to at least get something... so weird.

The bug only happens after the initial BIOS update. If you were able to see the BIOS screen, you were not hit with the bug.

Black screen on HDMI is a common problem with using HDMI in macOS. Try lowering the screen resolution and/or refresh rate or, better yet, don't use HDMI.

My issue is even bigger that I can't use DP...
It will go well until the progress bar is almost full, then the screen goes completely black...
I have to use HDMI to at least get something... so weird.

Do you have WhateverGreen enabled? Please post your EFI folder.

Looks like that did the trick! Now I get to a MacOS Utilities window, which I didn't expect. Do I opt for a new install from this window?
I am up and running! I have selected my drive as my startup disk.

I'm up! Now I'm just working on getting the WiFi card (Archer 3000TXE) kext. Or maybe I just use the AirportBRCMFixup? Also, do I need to move the EFI to the hard drive (per OpenCore guide)?

Also, what is the proper way to give you credit/thanks for the help? I can see how much you've helped everyone and want to show support...

I am up and running! I have selected my drive as my startup disk.

I'm up! Now I'm just working on getting the WiFi card (Archer 3000TXE) kext. Or maybe I just use the AirportBRCMFixup? Also, do I need to move the EFI to the hard drive (per OpenCore guide)?

Also, what is the proper way to give you credit/thanks for the help? I can see how much you've helped everyone and want to show support...

I don't know anything about the Archer 3000TXE... You can try using AirportBRCMFixup...

Yes, copy your EFI folder to your main system drive as instructed on post #1.

No need. Just enjoy your hack.

Hi @pastrychef ,

The usbc port on the back can't charge my iphone while sleep; in sleep, the from usb3 19 pin header to my usb3 port on the case can charge my kindle. Seems like I need to modify USBports-with-Power.kext? Thanks!

Hi @pastrychef ,

The usbc port on the back can't charge my iphone while sleep; in sleep, the from usb3 19 pin header to my usb3 port on the case can charge my kindle. Seems like I need to modify USBports-with-Power.kext? Thanks!

I don't know what can fix that. Try asking in the USB configuration thread.

Back