Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

will system isn't crashing screens just go black. the system is still running and the USB devices are actually functioning. and the devices are USB powered. the only one other than the occasional flash drive. is a Scarlet 2i2 which is bus-powered. wich was what doing this time. I unplugged it from one Hackintosh and plugged it into the one having the issue and boom the screens just went black and the audio was working and even the scarlet was working. it is just bizarre. it doesn't happen all of the time but I would say maybe once a month. Also, Unit is grounded and running thru a UPS.

Does this occur if you use a USB hub? Maybe that would be a workaround to avoid this...

Audio should be working. Try setting audio-id to 18 in config.plist > Device > Properties.

I actually have the same problem: rear audio port does not work but case audio does. When you say to check the config.plist, are you referring to the Clover Configurator interface or an editor like Xcode?

Thanks!

I actually have the same problem: rear audio port does not work but case audio does. When you say to check the config.plist, are you referring to the Clover Configurator interface or an editor like Xcode?

Thanks!

You can use which ever plist editor you like. Even a text editor can work.

will system isn't crashing screens just go black. the system is still running and the USB devices are actually functioning. and the devices are USB powered. the only one other than the occasional flash drive. is a Scarlet 2i2 which is bus-powered. wich was what doing this time. I unplugged it from one Hackintosh and plugged it into the one having the issue and boom the screens just went black and the audio was working and even the scarlet was working. it is just bizarre. it doesn't happen all of the time but I would say maybe once a month. Also, Unit is grounded and running thru a UPS.

Yes, the system doesn't crash. You can remote-in. All that's happening is the earth breach causes the monitor electronics to trip. It only happens with one device for me, but a multimeter confirms the spike - and the reaction. The internal controllers and circuity are partially shared between USB and a DP port, but not HDMI. Hence why external power was the cause.

Mind you, this is HDMI. I'm not sure how the shielding works for DP or DVI, however DP is a similar port type.

If a flash-drive is causing the problem ... Then my scenario doesn't apply. Sorry I couldn't help.

You can use which ever plist editor you like. Even a text editor can work.

I see two property dictionaries that appear related to audio. Any idea which one is which?
Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 2.19.31 PM.png

or

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 2.20.07 PM.png

This one:
View attachment 486087

You can try changing the layout-id to the following to see if it helps:
View attachment 486088

I'm using 18 and it works well. Enter in hexadecimal.

I think I'm stupid...how do I get all those values into the right spot(s)? I tried changing the Properties Value column for layout-id from '02000000' to '18' and now no audio works.

Now I see the "enter in hexadecimal" instructions *facepalm*

Just to clarify, that would be 0x12?

I think I'm stupid...how do I get all those values into the right spot(s)? I tried changing the Properties Value column for layout-id from '02000000' to '18' and now no audio works.

Now I see the "enter in hexadecimal" instructions *facepalm*

Just to clarify, that would be 0x12?

Enter "12000000" next to "layout-id".

Enter "12000000" next to "layout-id".

Punched that in, and front panel audio works again but still no back panel.

Will have to revisit this later, off to the evening with my family. Thanks!

Punched that in, and front panel audio works again but still no back panel.

Will have to revisit this later, off to the evening with my family. Thanks!

Make sure your speakers are connected to the green audio out on the rear of the motherboard and in System Preferences > Sound, try all the audio out options.

Back