Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

My initial benchmark with stock CPU settings but XMP Profile 1 (3600 MHz):

View attachment 485477

And here is my benchmark with CPU overclocked to 4.7 GHz and Vcore set to Normal:
View attachment 485478

I went to 4.8 GHz but started messing with specific voltages using Vcore, and suddenly my BIOS wouldn't post. So CMOS reset, and I'm back at 4.7 GHz for now.

I played around with it yesterday and today. I have my ring ratio running at 45 and all cores at 47. The best I have gotten is 1294/6132. I do notice the second Geekbench run after booting up seems to give better single core results than the first one. My memory speed is only 3200MHz, which is probably hurting me some. Temps at idle are around 80F and the peak temp I have seen is 150F during the benchmark.

Please try with this EFI.

Remember to connect your monitor to the motherboard video out. Also, you may need to try different IGPU settings in BIOS. Specifically, you may need to set IGPU to Primary and don't forget to allocate at least 64MB for DVMT Prealloc.

Edit:
Please download again. I made a change...
Please try with this EFI.

Remember to connect your monitor to the motherboard video out. Also, you may need to try different IGPU settings in BIOS. Specifically, you may need to set IGPU to Primary and don't forget to allocate at least 64MB for DVMT Prealloc.

Edit:
Please download again. I made a change...

It worked! I need to do some post-installation and I'll let you know how it all went.

The only kext I'm adding to this is the newly stable Intel wireless kext (here https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless) as I have the CNFI card that is suggested for this board.

It worked! I need to do some post-installation and I'll let you know how it all went.

The only kext I'm adding to this is the newly stable Intel wireless kext (here https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless) as I have the CNFI card that is suggested for this board.

Cool!

Please post your BIOS settings so others can reference it if they want to do the same. TIA.

Cool!

Please post your BIOS settings so others can reference it if they want to do the same. TIA.
Sure thing!

I think that I'm not seeing success with this intel wireless and bluetooth kext (mostly because I'm not seeing them installed)

is there anything that would not have the CNVI enabled or something?

EDIT: Using HeliPort with the IntelWireless kext. It for sure works! Now to troubleshoot Bluetooth! :)

Last edited:
Sure thing!

I think that I'm not seeing success with this intel wireless and bluetooth kext (mostly because I'm not seeing them installed)

is there anything that would not have the CNVI enabled or something?

EDIT: Using HeliPort with the IntelWireless kext. It for sure works! Now to troubleshoot Bluetooth! :)
Which one did you buy, Gigabyte's own, or another model?
I bought an Intel 9560 CNVi, so I'm just waiting to get it installed.
Is it working normal?

How did you restored from backup BIOS? I have the same issue with OEMID Mismatch, can't figure out how to replace main BIOS with the backup one.

Please try the following:

Turn off your computer completely. (i.e. flick the switch on the power supply)
Turn on your computer and at the point where you normally press the DEL key to enter BIOS, press ATL+F10 instead.

*Disclaimer: I've never tried the above... Just read about it on the internet.

Which one did you buy, Gigabyte's own, or another model?
I bought an Intel 9560 CNVi, so I'm just waiting to get it installed.
Is it working normal?
the Gigabyte GC-CI22M_A

I got wifi to work but bluetooth is not showing up at all in system report. not sure what I'm doing wrong.

@pastychef this seems to be a new thing considering I'm utilizing the CNVI on the motherboard. Would there be something that would have to be enabled to allow bluetooth to be seen?

I'm using your configuration with itlwm_v1.0.0_stable.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext from https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

shot in the dark, but is there anything that would inherently be disabled to not allow functionality from that CNVI area?

Let me know if I can send you anything to assist in looking into it.

@pastychef this seems to be a new thing considering I'm utilizing the CNVI on the motherboard. Would there be something that would have to be enabled to allow bluetooth to be seen?

I'm using your configuration with itlwm_v1.0.0_stable.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext from https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

shot in the dark, but is there anything that would inherently be disabled to not allow functionality from that CNVI area?

Let me know if I can send you anything to assist in looking into it.

In my opinion, the drivers for the CNVi cards are still not very stable and is kind of kludgy to get working.

Also, as far as I know, Continuity functions do not work with them.

You can disable the CNVi card in BIOS. macOS would not be affected if you did this.

Back