Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

OK, I removed the interference in the fan shroud. What I cut out was about 1/8” x 1/4”. The GTX 760 now goes into the connector and the latch snaps closed. However, it can rock a bit towards the cooler or away. That’s a bit surprising, but I don’t remember how it fit in the Z87N motherboard previously. @pastrychef Is this a problem? When the end plate is attached to the case it will be stabilized, but I wonder if all pins in the connector will be engaged...

I’ve installed the Fenvi WiFi/BT card in the x4 slot. The 1_1 slot is covered by the double width graphics card. In the 1_2 slot the card is very close to one fan on the graphics card. That might interfere with the air flow into the fan. Looks like the x4 slot is it...

It's not uncommon for the video card to slack a bit. Once it is screwed to the the case, it should be fine.

The Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card should be small enough not to block too much airflow to the GPU fan. In fact, I like that it helps bring a bit of air through the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. I use the last slot for my 10GBase-T card.

I didn’t buy an Ethernet card. I assumed that the onboard one works...

Yup. On board ethernet works fine. The one I added is just 10x faster.

I've never personally tested but adding the boot argument "wegnoegpu" may work...
ahh yes!

is there anything I need to change in the EFI to accommodate iGPU over dGPU in your zip files? I know at one point you linked an iGPU setup for Clover, but I've been setting up for using OC but not totally sure if there is anything else that needs addressing in the settings for iGPU + OC that I may have missed in this Herculean thread.

ahh yes!

is there anything I need to change in the EFI to accommodate iGPU over dGPU in your zip files? I know at one point you linked an iGPU setup for Clover, but I've been setting up for using OC but not totally sure if there is anything else that needs addressing in the settings for iGPU + OC that I may have missed in this Herculean thread.

Please try with this EFI.

Remember to connect your monitor to the motherboard video out. Also, you may need to try different IGPU settings in BIOS. Specifically, you may need to set IGPU to Primary and don't forget to allocate at least 64MB for DVMT Prealloc.

Edit:
Please download again. I made a change...

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore 0.6.0 Z390M v2 (dGPU disable attempt).zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 156
Many thanks for your copious notes and great info, I now have my build up and running. However, as I'm using the RX580, I had to use the EFI in your post 1970 to get a successful initial boot from the USB drive, you may want to think about adding that as a note to the intro to help others using that GPU.

Once again, thanks a lot for all your hard work.

cheers
al

Many thanks for your copious notes and great info, I now have my build up and running. However, as I'm using the RX580, I had to use the EFI in your post 1970 to get a successful initial boot from the USB drive, you may want to think about adding that as a note to the intro to help others using that GPU.

Once again, thanks a lot for all your hard work.

cheers
al

Hmm... The EFIs on post #1 should work for RX 580. What issues were you experiencing?

The initial USB boot would get to just over half way, the display would briefly corrupt with a few short pink horizontal lines, then it would crash out and go blank. This was using F9j, your 0.6 EFI from post 1 on a bare bones install setup of the M Gaming, i7 9700 and the Sapphire Pulse 580. Tried DVI, HDMI and DP.

I had already speed read the thread though, and remembered neblackford's 580 issues, so thought I would try that EFI you set up for him first before diving into full on debug mode, and it worked.

BTW, I meant post 1965 above....;)

cheers
al

The initial USB boot would get to just over half way, the display would briefly corrupt with a few short pink horizontal lines, then it would crash out and go blank. This was using F9j, your 0.6 EFI from post 1 on a bare bones install setup of the M Gaming, i7 9700 and the Sapphire Pulse 580. Tried DVI, HDMI and DP.

I had already speed read the thread though, and remembered neblackford's 580 issues, so thought I would try that EFI you set up for him first before diving into full on debug mode, and it worked.

BTW, I meant post 1965 above....;)

cheers
al

The pink lines are a result of WhateverGreen being disable. It doesn't affect anything.

Back