Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

For some reason that link isn't "click-able"? And when I copy/paste the link info I get a 524 error?

Google "TweakTown Z390 overclocking guide".

Hi there, I just installed RX 580 4GB, I've been using iGPU until now.

I used EFI folder that you provided @pastrychef for integrated GPU installation.
I deleted the parameter PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) as specified in post #1360.

It seems to work just fine but macOS is not recognizing the card.
Geekbench is detecting it.

I tried to googling it, but didn't find any solution.

Graphics is RX580 4GB Sapphire Nitro+, bios is set to quiet.
Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 19.38.24.png

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 19.25.45.png

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 19.43.17.png

Hi there, I just installed RX 580 4GB, I've been using iGPU until now.

I used EFI folder that you provided @pastrychef for integrated GPU installation.
I deleted the parameter PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) as specified in post #1360.

It seems to work just fine but macOS is not recognizing the card.

I tried to googling it, but didn't find any solution.

Graphics is RX580 4GB Sapphire Nitro+, bios is set to quiet. View attachment 485186

View attachment 485184

That's cosmetic. Your video card is working fine. If you want, you can edit it to say anything you like. Please see bottom of post #3 for instructions. Look in the "How to populate System Information > PCI" section.

Hi there pastrychef, thanks for all your hard work especially on the OC/SSDT side of things. I just have a small problem with the latest OC version. All was working perfect on a previous version, I transferred all serial numbers and the boot arg adgpmod=pikera for my 5700XT (like I've done for previous OC versions), rebooted as normal until the login screen, but my main displayport monitor is not detected, just my TV over the HDMI shows as the only monitor connected. It boots up fine showing the apple logo, but then just goes blank to no signal. I've had a look through the config.plist but honestly don't know what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Maybe I missed something. Thanks

Hi there pastrychef, thanks for all your hard work especially on the OC/SSDT side of things. I just have a small problem with the latest OC version. All was working perfect on a previous version, I transferred all serial numbers and the boot arg adgpmod=pikera for my 5700XT (like I've done for previous OC versions), rebooted as normal until the login screen, but my main displayport monitor is not detected, just my TV over the HDMI shows as the only monitor connected. It boots up fine showing the apple logo, but then just goes blank to no signal. I've had a look through the config.plist but honestly don't know what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Maybe I missed something. Thanks

Open your config.plist with a plist editor and navigate to configs.plist > Kernel > Add and set WhateverGreen to enabled.

- I have a AeroCool Cylon RGB case, this is a Mid tower, is this enough or should I buy a new one?

That case will support motherboard sizes ATX, micro-ATX and mini-ITX. The M Gaming is a micro-ATX size. However, what originally led me to a Silverstone PS07 case 6 years ago (and the same one I’ll be using for this next iteration) is that it supported 5.25” devices. I wanted a CD/DVD drive, so I needed that size space.

- About the power supply you mentioned I cannot found it on Amazon, I found this one. Just to know, what's is the limit down for this board? 600x?

My previous build had an i7-4700K. I built it with a Silverstone 600W power supply, but a different model from what is listed here. My new setup will have a 750W Silverstone unit. (Also a different series from what is listed here). Basically I wanted to have things covered if I decide to overclocking or swap for a more powerful graphics card. The 600W never got above luke warm so I think the 750 should not have a problem.

Back