Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Why is the power supply not compatible??

If you are using IGPU, please use the config.plist from post #4 or, if you are installing 10.15.5-10.15.6, the config.plist from post #1360.

Those cards are two six pin or something like that and this power supply only has the one pcie rail. Thanks for the heads up on the config.plist, I hadn't done that for my iGPU boot attempts.
When I installed Catalina off my MacbookPro, I took it to desktop. I wouldn't think that would matter, most of the selections i choose as "set up later".
I confess that do have a compatible power supply in my ITX Ryzen build, but it's sfx and would be an utter pain to pull out - that thing is packed tight in that little case. That's the build with the Turing RTX.
Also, would there be any point at moving off APFS and trying again? I feel like I'm missing something stupid, but in any event I need to update my config.plist and work on getting to desktop with the iGPU. Thanks ever so much.

(Edit) gonna go with the EFI from post 1360

Those cards are two six pin or something like that and this power supply only has the one pcie rail. Thanks for the heads up on the config.plist, I hadn't done that for my iGPU boot attempts.
When I installed Catalina off my MacbookPro, I took it to desktop. I wouldn't think that would matter, most of the selections i choose as "set up later".
I confess that do have a compatible power supply in my ITX Ryzen build, but it's sfx and would be an utter pain to pull out - that thing is packed tight in that little case. That's the build with the Turing RTX.
Also, would there be any point at moving off APFS and trying again? I feel like I'm missing something stupid, but in any event I need to update my config.plist and work on getting to desktop with the iGPU. Thanks ever so much.

(Edit) gonna go with the EFI from post 1360

If you are installing Catalina, use APFS.

Sorry if I miss some of the obvious things. Speaking of obvious when i boot verbose i am starting it with "boot with injected kexts"?

Attachments

• screengrab2.jpg
    screengrab2.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 33
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 42
Sorry if I miss some of the obvious things. Speaking of obvious when i boot verbose i am starting it with "boot with injected kexts"?

At the Clover boot menu, press space bar.
On the next screen, enable verbose. Then scroll up to "Boot macOS with selected options".

OK, again with the obvious, i had enabled iGPU but had missed that initial graphics device was set to the pcie slot, after i fixed that i made it to desktop. phew.... now, I will return to the initial post and finish any instructions before I attempt to reinstall the RX 2600 XT

OK, again with the obvious, i had enabled iGPU but had missed that initial graphics device was set to the pcie slot, after i fixed that i made it to desktop. phew.... now, I will return to the initial post and finish any instructions before I attempt to reinstall the RX 2600 XT

Cool! I knew the 5600 XT was the culprit...

Before putting the 5600 XT back in, remember to swap back in the config.plist from the EFI on post #1 and add the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument.

Yes, into the graphics card - I don't think the 9600k has a iGPU- I do not see an entry in bios on disabling that
(edit) found the bios setting, disabled iGPU and am booting over
(edit 2) hung in the same spot it seems

Edit: my notifications were way behind...ignore this post

Yeah. I've been on 0.6.0 since the release version was released. It's on post #1.
I'm about to update to 0.6.0 this evening... do you recall if there were any needed config.plist changes that I should look out for?

Back