Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Regarding Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you recommend any BCM94360 card. Hunting around I'm finding all manner of "vendors" that sell the card (example 1, example 2, example 3) that have widely-varying prices. With the EFI package that you kindly provided in post #1, is there anything to consider when shopping for particular vendors?

I notice they all have the same Model # (and some even have the Broadcom logo obscured). I will also be purchasing the PCI-e adaptor as you recommended.

I assume that when you say OOB it means I can't really go wrong, but considering the potential price(s) it seems to be worth a quick question just in case.

Thanks for any input!

The EnergyDriver.kext is causing your crashes. Please look for it in /Library/Extensions/ and right-click it to "Get Info" and see what version you are running. I have 3.7.0 and it works fine.
Thanks. Mine is 3.6.0.
To update how do I proceed?
I've gotta change the one in OpenCore inside EFI?

Regarding Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you recommend any BCM94360 card. Hunting around I'm finding all manner of "vendors" that sell the card (example 1, example 2, example 3) that have widely-varying prices. With the EFI package that you kindly provided in post #1, is there anything to consider when shopping for particular vendors?

I notice they all have the same Model # (and some even have the Broadcom logo obscured). I will also be purchasing the PCI-e adaptor as you recommended.

I assume that when you say OOB it means I can't really go wrong, but considering the potential price(s) it seems to be worth a quick question just in case.

Thanks for any input!

Your link to example 1 didn't work...
You do not need the one from example 2. That includes the a mini PCI adaptor which was meant to be used in the old Mac Pros.
The one from example 3 looks good. It's a a BCM94360CD which means its the 4 antenna variant. You just need a PCI-e adaptor for it.

By OOB, I mean that it works without the need for any additional drivers or any special configurations. Just plug it in and it should work.

Thanks. Mine is 3.6.0.
To update how do I proceed?
I've gotta change the one in OpenCore inside EFI?

That's part of the Intel Power Gadget. Uninstall the Intel Power Gadget and download and install a newer version from Intel.

Your link to example 1 didn't work...
You do not need the one from example 2. That includes the a mini PCI adaptor which was meant to be used in the old Mac Pros.
The one from example 3 looks good. It's a a BCM94360CD which means its the 4 antenna variant. You just need a PCI-e adaptor for it.

By OOB, I mean that it works without the need for any additional drivers or any special configurations. Just plug it in and it should work.

Funny, that first example worked when I tested it in the preview. Makes me wonder about the veracity of the initial listing...

Once again, thanks for taking the time to help me (and those like me) ease into this without feeling completely at sea. Love it, keep it up.

Thanks for any input!
For what it's worth, I have the Fenvi t919 (with broadcom chipset) and it worked out of box ALMOST perfectly — I haven't gotten Unlock with Apple Watch working yet, and Airdrop didn't work consistently until I fixed USB mapping.

Basic Wifi, Bluetooth (I use an Apple Magic Keyboard & Magic Mouse, plus PowerBeats Pro headphones), handoff, continuity, etc all function perfectly.

For what it's worth, I have the Fenvi t919 (with broadcom chipset) and it worked out of box ALMOST perfectly — I haven't gotten Unlock with Apple Watch working yet, and Airdrop didn't work consistently until I fixed USB mapping.

Basic Wifi, Bluetooth (I use an Apple Magic Keyboard & Magic Mouse, plus PowerBeats Pro headphones), handoff, continuity, etc all function perfectly.

Others have stated that disabling Serial Port (using BIOS F9k or F9j or F7) gets Apple Watch unlock working.

For what it's worth, I have the Fenvi t919 (with broadcom chipset) and it worked out of box ALMOST perfectly — I haven't gotten Unlock with Apple Watch working yet, and Airdrop didn't work consistently until I fixed USB mapping. But basic Wifi, Bluetooth (I use an Apple Magic Keyboard & Magic Mouse, plus PowerBeats Pro headphones), handoff, etc all function perfectly.

I did notice that product offering, but was hesitant because it appeared to me that I was also getting the card and wasn't sure if it'd work exactly like I was hoping...

I don't care about Apple Watch (as I don't own one and assuredly never will), but Airdrop is somewhat important as my wife would very much like to transfer files from her iPad.

Either way, I was going to pair this and this together. The primary impetus for getting WiFi/BT working in the first place is so that people who are life-long Mac users (not me) can pair their own BT accessories and feel at home when using my rig for FCPX, Logic, etc.

But for the same price (and less setup time), the Fenvi appears to be the easier choice haha

What USB mapping would you have to adjust? I'm still somewhat vapid when it comes to all the USB port limits and mapping/routing that I've read about but done zero with.

Back