Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yes, as I mentioned I went straight vanilla the first time through (UniBeast / MultiBeast) and didn't change anything in the EFI partition until just now. It's often the little things (not understanding the difference between the regular and EFI partitions) that can cause so much frustration.

If I understood your readme correctly, that information should be inputted within the config.plist? Where do I find that information?

Edit: also, is there anything I should do here to confirm my success? Something that would help others?

Yes, as I mentioned I went straight vanilla the first time through (UniBeast / MultiBeast) and didn't change anything in the EFI partition until just now. It's often the little things (not understanding the difference between the regular and EFI partitions) that can cause so much frustration.

If I understood your readme correctly, that information should be inputted within the config.plist? Where do I find that information?

If you are using the Clover EFI, open your config.plist with Clover Configurator and go to the SMBIOS section. Click on the button with the up-down arrows and select iMacPro1,1 and it will populate all the info for you.

If you are using the Clover EFI, open your config.plist with Clover Configurator and go to the SMBIOS section. Click on the button with the up-down arrows and select iMacPro1,1 and it will populate all the info for you.

Awesome, thank you again!

I really hate to do this now...

...I mounted both EFI partitions (USB and EVO 970) and I transferred the EFI folder from the former to the latter (the latter being the white drive labeled EFI, rather than the EFI drive that looks like an old-school hdd). The system still will not boot into macOS unless I have the USB bootloader plugged in and Clover handles the startup.

What did I screw up this time?

Never mind, I just realized that white EFI partition IS the USB one. I put it into the EFI partition that looks like a hdd and it works just fine.

I really hate to do this now...

...I mounted both EFI partitions (USB and EVO 970) and I transferred the EFI folder from the former to the latter (the latter being the white drive labeled EFI, rather than the EFI drive that looks like an old-school hdd). The system still will not boot into macOS unless I have the USB bootloader plugged in and Clover handles the startup.

What did I screw up this time?

Did you set the 970 EVO to be first in the boot order in BIOS?

Did you set the 970 EVO to be first in the boot order in BIOS?

My edit above explains how my fundamental ignorance of all things Mac (yet again) messed me up. Works fine now, EVO 970 shows up in the BIOS boot list again, everything appears to be honky-dory.

I do have some technical questions if it isn't an imposition at this point. One of the primary reasons for building a Hackintosh was so that I could run FCPX and Logic X. And one of the big questions for me is if Intel Quick Sync will work for H.264 encoding.

Is there further work to be done in order to maximize this potential?

My edit above explains how my fundamental ignorance of all things Mac (yet again) messed me up. Works fine now, EVO 970 shows up in the BIOS boot list again, everything appears to be honky-dory.

I do have some technical questions if it isn't an imposition at this point. One of the primary reasons for building a Hackintosh was so that I could run FCPX and Logic X. And one of the big questions for me is if Intel Quick Sync will work for H.264 encoding.

Is there further work to be done in order to maximize this potential?

If you want to enable Quick Sync:

In config.plist, change system definition to iMac19,1 (along with Serial, Board Serial, and UUID).
Reboot in to BIOS and enable IGPU but make sure your RX580 is set to be the primary GPU.
Boot back in to macOS and you will have Quick Sync.

If you want to enable Quick Sync:

In config.plist, change system definition to iMac19,1 (along with Serial, Board Serial, and UUID).
Reboot in to BIOS and enable IGPU but make sure your RX580 is set to be the primary GPU.
Boot back in to macOS and you will have Quick Sync.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Back