Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Another question, have you guys been able to connect your iPhones to the USB-C port? I have a USB-c to lightening cable, but it won't recognize my iPhone 11 in the Photos app or iTunes. It works fine plugged into a USB-A type port.

Another question, have you guys been able to connect your iPhones to the USB-C port? I have a USB-c to lightening cable, but it won't recognize my iPhone 11 in the Photos app or iTunes. It works fine plugged into a USB-A type port.

The only thing I've tested with the USB-C port is a USB 3.1 gen 2 to NVMe adaptor and it worked.

I don't have a USB-C to Lightning connector cable to test iPhone.

I bought all the components today. The build starts next week. No doubt I'll have some issues and will hope there are solutions. This is such a great resource.

In addtion to the mobo I bought the following:
CPU: 9600K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Storage: WD Black 500GB SN750 NVMe SSD
PSU:
Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 400w Power Supply
Graphics Card:Asus Nvidia GeFOrce GT730 1GB DDR3 (Kepler)
I realise the graphics card is underpowered but this is an audio only machine and I like to keep the CPU free from extra tasks (and it only cost £20!).

Here's hoping the components play well together (and silently!).

This will be my third and last Hackintosh as Apple move over to Arm chips. I'm hoping it will last 6 or 7 years with a processor replacement (9900K?) when they drop in price. Then my OSX days will be over. Let's hope Apple allow OSX updates for Intel machines for a few years to come.

Thanks
Tony

Last edited:
@pastrychef - I was wondering if you had a chance to update to OpenCore 0.6.0? It was mostly seamless, although it seems like I've lost the boot chime. Also, I have my "show picker" turned off, and right before it boots into MacOS, there is some text that flashes really quickly.

I'm just wondering if you had that same experience.

Thanks!

Ted

@pastrychef - I was wondering if you had a chance to update to OpenCore 0.6.0? It was mostly seamless, although it seems like I've lost the boot chime. Also, I have my "show picker" turned off, and right before it boots into MacOS, there is some text that flashes really quickly.

Thanks!

Ted

No. I haven't tried 0.6.0 yet. I'm waiting for the official release.

I figured it out. I forgot to copy over the contents in the OC > Resources folder!

Thanks!

Ted

Thanks!

Ted

I just tested and all is working fine. Boot chime now plays the entire chime again.

OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI posted. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Do not use your old config.plist with this EFI.

Back