Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thanks for your previous reply. I hope not to abuse your patience. Do you have this ACPI errors on the first 2 lines in the pic?

Then “SMCProcesor failed to get the system model.

And AppleNVMeAssert failed.

This 3 errors mean anything?

37D3B6CF-14CE-49AE-A547-F3D188A5463A.jpeg

Thanks for your previous reply. I hope not to abuse your patience. Do you have this ACPI errors on the first 2 lines in the pic?

Then “SMCProcesor failed to get the system model.

And AppleNVMeAssert failed.

This 3 errors mean anything?

View attachment 482027

Honestly, I don't reboot enough or boot in verbose mode enough to know... Do you have any problems when using the system?

Honestly, I don't reboot enough or boot in verbose mode enough to know... Do you have any problems when using the system?

When I shutdown the screen shows distorted for some seconds before turning black to turn off, and other problem is when I turn on, and macOS is just arriving to the desktop the fan kick in at full speed for 3 seconds and then comes quiet.

When I shutdown the screen shows distorted for some seconds before turning black to turn off, and other problem is when I turn on, and macOS is just arriving to the desktop the fan kick in at full speed for 3 seconds and then comes quiet.

None of that should be related to SATA which is what your verbose error is related to.

Hi.
I tried using iStat 5.2 to see the CPU temperature, but it shows nothing.
So I installed Intel Power Gadget, which should show the temperature.
Upon launching it complete freezes the computer.

Is there a way to see the CPU temp on mac os?

Hi.
I tried using iStat 5.2 to see the CPU temperature, but it shows nothing.
So I installed Intel Power Gadget, which should show the temperature.
Upon launching it complete freezes the computer.

Is there a way to see the CPU temp on mac os?

You should be able to see CPU temps with iStat Menus.

Also, Intel Power Gadget should not be freezing your system.

@pastrychef
Hello, I installed Catalina 10.5 by Clover according to your guide.
BIOS updated to the beta that you recommended, everything started up the first time.
But the only problem is not working sound from USB headphones, namely HyperX Cloud II - Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround Sound.

Please tell me how to solve this problem?
P.S sorry for my bad English, Google translated

@pastrychef
Hello, I installed Catalina 10.5 by Clover according to your guide.
BIOS updated to the beta that you recommended, everything started up the first time.
But the only problem is not working sound from USB headphones, namely HyperX Cloud II - Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround Sound.

Please tell me how to solve this problem?
P.S sorry for my bad English, Google translated

Do you see your USB headphones in System Information > USB? Have you tried different ports?

Please try launching Hackintool, click the USB tab and post a screenshot of what you see.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 8.27.09 AM.png

Hi

Apologies in advance if this is a silly question but by "NVRAM" do you mean using NVMe SSD Drives? I'm just about to buy this mobo and a 9600K and want to buy an NVMe drive for the OS. I've read the first 6 pages but can't clarify the reference and am not sure reading all 187 pages will provide the answer.

Please excuse my ignorance

Thanks in advance
Tony

Hi

Apologies in advance if this is a silly question but by "NVRAM" do you mean using NVMe SSD Drives? I'm just about to buy this mobo and a 9600K and want to buy an NVMe drive for the OS. I've read the first 6 pages but can't clarify the reference and am not sure reading all 187 pages will provide the answer.

Please excuse my ignorance

Thanks in advance
Tony

NVRAM is maintained on a small chip soldered to the motherboard. It has nothing to do with NVMe based storage or the DDR4 system ram modules that you install to a motherboard.

The first flash-based SSDs leveraged legacy SATA/SAS physical interfaces, protocols, and form factors to minimize changes in the existing hard drive (HDD) based enterprise server / storage systems.

NVMe is a high-performance, NUMA (Non Uniform Memory Access) optimized, and highly scalable storage protocol, that connects the host to the memory subsystem. The protocol is relatively new, feature-rich, and designed from the ground up for non-volatile memory media (NAND and Persistent Memory) directly connected to CPU via PCIe interface.

Last edited:
Back