Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi pastrychef,
sorry to bother you with a dumb question:
- I'm using a dual display setup (LG Ultrawide 3840x1600 over DVI and an old BenQ with 1920x1080) for months now without problems (Catalina 10.15.4)
- for remote access (over VPN and VNC) I had to synchronize displays because it got to small on my old MacBook Air.
--> no problems with remote access.

Now I'm back home and after booting (Apple logo) screen goes black on both displays, and I can only VNC into it...
--> I tried a lot cable switching (DVI/HDMI) and igfx and RX 570 in and out - to no avail...
--> both displays black, only remote access possible.
Any idea?
thanks in advance,
Stefan

Hi pastrychef,
sorry to bother you with a dumb question:
- i'm using a dual display setup (LG ultrawide 3840x1600 over dvi and an old BenQ with 1920x1080) for months now without problems (catalina 10.15.4)
- for remote access (over vpn and vnc) i had to syncronize displays because it got to small on my old mac book air.
--> no problems with remote access.

Now i'm back home and after booting (apple logo) screen goes black on both displays and i can only vnc into it...
--> i tried a lot cable switching (dvi/hdmi) and igfx and RX570 in and out - to no avail...
--> both displays black, only remote access possible.
Any idea?
thanks in advance,
Stefan

Hmm... What happens with just one monitor connected?

When connected over VNC, can you try changing resolutions and/or refresh rates just to try and force the settings to reset?

hi,
with two monitors connected remote access actually doesn't work, windows of different sizes jump up and down..
after disconneting the benq and having only the LG 3840x1600 i can vnc in and change resolutions, which has no effect to "waking" the display...
I dont have a clue how to refresh rates?
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-25 um 22.29.12.png

Hi again,
i managed to change refresh rates back and forth - same as resolution changes --> works in remote access, but no effect on the "real" hardware monitor - stays black...

hi,
with two monitors connected remote access actually doesn't work, windows of different sizes jump up and down..
after disconneting the benq and having only the LG 3840x1600 i can vnc in and change resolutions, which has no effect to "waking" the display...
I dont have a clue how to refresh rates? View attachment 481730

Try holding the Option key and click the "Skaliert" button.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-25 um 22.29.12.png

Hi again,
i managed to change refresh rates back and forth - same as resolution changes --> works in remote access, but no effect on the "real" hardware monitor - stays black...

Hmm... I don't know what can cause the black screen or how to fix it...

ok, thanks for your help anyway...
Any ideas on optimal bios settings concerning this? Igfx enabled/disabled/auto? Initial Display Output?
thanks... (it's driving me crazy btw...)

ok, thanks for your help anyway...
Any ideas on optimal bios settings concerning this? Igfx enabled/disabled/auto? Initial Display Output?
thanks... (it's driving me crazy btw...)

Personally, I like to use iMacPro1,1 system definition with IGPU disabled. However, if you need Sidecar, you must use iMac19,1 with IGPU enabled.

thanks, i tried that before and it makes no difference...

it just seems to "detour" graphics output just before the login screen.

is there a way to "reset" all display settings?

thanks, i tried that before and it makes no difference...

it just seems to "detour" graphics output just before the login screen.

is there a way to "reset" all display settings?

Maybe try clearing NVRAM. Try pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu.

Back