Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I tried updating to 10.15.5 last night and got a black screen despite editing the igpu platform-id

I just copied and put this EFI in my folder and now I'm getting a shutdown notice. And an eventual shutdown. Super stumped

Graphics error.

Use the EFI from post #1360.

Graphics error.

Use the EFI from post #1360.
perfect. all working now.

I have another question i may just be missing. Is there a way to keep the BIOS from selecting the Windows boot? It seems to "steal" it and i have to go back to set the boot order to my macOS/efi drive

I have another question i may just be missing. Is there a way to keep the BIOS from selecting the Windows boot? It seems to "steal" it and i have to go back to set the boot order to my macOS/efi drive

Weird... I don't have this issue... I just set my macOS drive as first in boot order in BIOS once and it has stuck.

Weird... I don't have this issue... I just set my macOS drive as first in boot order in BIOS once and it has stuck.
i may re-flash to F8 as F9g has been super weird.

Of course, unless you have any info that could potentially effect operation.

i may re-flash to F8 as F9g has been super weird.

Of course, unless you have any info that could potentially effect operation.

It's worth a try...

Tried it.

Got as far as half way along progress bar with apple logo, then stopped. Screen connected via HDMI went black, ie did not boot into MacOS.

Thank you very much for testing!!

Thank you very much for testing!!
No worries,

just noticed another issue with my system. top two USB 2 ports on computer are not working. They have been working on and off, but now aren't mounting any usb drives and don't work with keyboard or mouse.

Any suggestions?

No worries,

just noticed another issue with my system. top two USB 2 ports on computer are not working. They have been working on and off, but now aren't mounting any usb drives and don't work with keyboard or mouse.

Any suggestions?

You mean USB ports on your computer case? They are USB2 only? Are they connected to motherboard header USB F_USB2?

You mean USB ports on your computer case? They are USB2 only? Are they connected to motherboard header USB F_USB2?
Yes, yes and yes.

All USB 3 ports are working (at back of case and on top of computer case), insofar as they accept usb sticks and peripherals.

PCI wifi card is connected to USB F_USB1, as suggested on post #1.

Back