Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi @pastrychef ,
I’m new here and starting my fist hacking project with the gigabyte Z390M Gaming and a i3-8350 running at 4,8ghz.

I went along with your fabulous guide and used the EFI with clover from post 4. Mac OS was running 15.5.4 very well only after sleep resume the screen remains black. But now the 15.5.5 update broke my system completely. I looks similar to what @dan1j3l reporterd. A successful boot but a black screen I run on the Intel graphics only at hdmi.

I tried the EFI you provided to @dan1j3l but this did not solved the black screen. I’m not very firm
With clover, but I tried to update some kexts to a newer version and played around with these ig-platform-id values. All without any success.

Please let me know if I can support with more details.

Regards,

jkn.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 2.13.49 PM.png

Hi @pastrychef,
I've unlocked the NVRAM with your guide, thanks a lot.
I've made a merge of my EFI folder with yours, everything works. But when I try to put in standby (stop), it wakes up after 4/5 seconds :(

Could you take a look to my EFI folder?
I'll attach also the power settings.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• EFI-r5118.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 62
  • Schermata 2020-06-01 alle 21.08.11.png
    Schermata 2020-06-01 alle 21.08.11.png
    42 KB · Views: 49
Hi @pastrychef,
I've unlocked the NVRAM with your guide, thanks a lot.
I've made a merge of my EFI folder with yours, everything works. But when I try to put in standby (stop), it wakes up after 4/5 seconds :(

Could you take a look to my EFI folder?
I'll attach also the power settings.

Thanks a lot!

Most likely USB. Fix USB and try sleep again.

Most likely USB. Fix USB and try sleep again.
Thanks for answering me

How I can fix them? (The procedure with Hackintool could be fine?)

Last edited:
Thanks for answering me

How I can fix them?

You can put back the USBPorts kext from my EFI folder and remove USBInjectAll or you can configure the ports yourself...

You can put back the USBPorts kext from my EFI folder and remove USBInjectAll or you can configure the ports yourself...
Ok, ports configured! Now it sleeps well , thanks a lot!

Now I've an issue never solved, the bluetooth shut off when the pc goes to sleep, I've missed something?

Ok, ports configured! Now it sleeps well , thanks a lot!

Now I've an issue never solved, the bluetooth shut off when the pc goes to sleep, I've missed something?

Where is Bluetooth connected?

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-06-01 alle 22.09.39.png
    Schermata 2020-06-01 alle 22.09.39.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 62
Back