Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I'm back into a fresh 10.15.4 install (clover)

Currently I'm not able to set my LG 4K display to 60hz, everything is stuck at 30hz (I think the max 60hz HDMI output is 1440p)

I wonder if there is something to the display in the new update that's causing the black screen.

Just some fractured thoughts. Also any idea how to get my damn 60hz back on a lower resolution!?

Try going to System Preferences > Displays.
Hold the Option key and click on the Scaled button.
Enable "Show low resolution modes".
It should allow you to set refresh rate.

Try going to System Preferences > Displays.
Hold the Option key and click on the Scaled button.
Enable "Show low resolution modes".
It should allow you to set refresh rate.

I can get that far, I just can't get it properly display at 60Hz. Stuff just goes blank.

Edit: I can get 1440p working on "low resolution" mode at 60Hz

weird.

I can get that far, I just can't get it properly display at 60Hz. Stuff just goes blank.

Edit: I can get 1440p working on "low resolution" mode at 60Hz

weird.

Yeah. HDMI is a pain in macOS...

Just a heads up, your OC config has iMac listed in DataHub and SMBIOS while Generic is iMacPro.

Just a heads up, your OC config has iMac listed in DataHub and SMBIOS while Generic is iMacPro.

When you use Automatic, only the fields under Generic are used and the other stuff is ignored. That's why you don't need to enter stuff like serial or UUID under DataHub.

Last edited:
Still no luck with attached weg. When I remove connector patches and lower Aperture size to 128Mb i can boot with non-accelerated display, but hackintool still does not detect display connection.

This has to be what happened. I did a 10.15.5 update and lost HDMI output on iGPU (currently only have a Turing card for gaming so dGPU is not on the table).

Previously, I was able to get dual displays thru both DVI and HDMI (was finicky but worked).

I'm reverting back to 10.15.4 Until there is more concrete "in OS" prep work I can do to prevent starting over again.

Guys, one guy said using ig-platform-id 3e9b0000 fixed it for him. Please try.

Guys, one guy said using ig-platform-id 3e9b0000 fixed it for him. Please try.

Houston we have a liftoff... :D

@pastrychef Huge thanks man! After i used your connection patches and changed ig-platform-id to 3E9B0000 both monitors started to work again. :)

Houston we have a liftoff... :D

@pastrychef Huge thanks man! After i used your connection patches and changed ig-platform-id to 3E9B0000 both monitors started to work again. :)

Awesome! Glad it worked out!

Edit:
Updated post #3 with this info.

Last edited:
Hi @pastrychef ,
I’m new here and starting my fist hacking project with the gigabyte Z390M Gaming and a i3-8350 running at 4,8ghz.

I went along with your fabulous guide and used the EFI with clover from post 4. Mac OS was running 15.5.4 very well only after sleep resume the screen remains black. But now the 15.5.5 update broke my system completely. I looks similar to what @dan1j3l reporterd. A successful boot but a black screen I run on the Intel graphics only at hdmi.

I tried the EFI you provided to @dan1j3l but this did not solved the black screen. I’m not very firm
With clover, but I tried to update some kexts to a newer version and played around with these ig-platform-id values. All without any success.

Please let me know if I can support with more details.

Regards,

jkn.

Last edited:
Back