Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

@pastrychef
Have you idea why when wakeup after sleep, my usb key is disconnected ?

Last edited:
@pastrychef: it's minor problem, I think, but really frustrating... after upgrading "our" mainboard to version 9G (I was at older version till this time, updated because you recommended that) BIOS it's switching ... to French language every time I shut down the computer :D
Gigabyte support only gave me one solution: to remove battery from the main board and reset BIOS... Of course, it didn't helped at all. Any clue what might causing this? Did you encounter similar problem?

Why do you need to remove the battery??? Just change it back to English!!

Yes, it goes to French for me too. I don't know why, and I don't have a fix.

Yes, it goes to French for me too. I don't know why, and I don't have a fix.

Thanks for confirming this. That means it's the problem with BIOS itself, not problem on my side (i. e. faulty update, etc).

Thanks for confirming this. That means it's the problem with BIOS itself, not problem on my side (i. e. faulty update, etc).

It has been mentioned many times throughout this thread. It happens to all of us.

With 32MB i get kernel panic.

I can, but first I would need to restore pre-updated version to enable screen sharing, then update again and connect with VNC to redo patches. :D

I have mannaged to connect to macOS via vnc to redo connector patches but hackintool does not even detect connection to monitors. Anyone with any idea ?

I have mannaged to connect to macOS via vnc to redo connector patches but hackintool does not even detect connection to monitors. Anyone with any idea ?

Please try with the attached version of WhateverGreen.

Attachments

• WhateverGreen-1.3.8-DEBUG-t2.zip
    297.3 KB · Views: 51
First of all would like to thanks everybody in this website and specially pastrychef to provide this amount of knowledge and time helping people solving their problems. I having been using my hackintosh for 4 months and all the problems that I had, I found the answer here and most of them were solved by pastrychef. You are a lifesaver.

Now, the problem that I couldn’t find an answer. Every time that I try to copy/move a big file between the OS SSD and a HDD connected to a SATA port the system shuts down. It happened when I was moving MATLAB (30GB) and when I was creating a backup with Time Machine. Someone had the same issue ?

My config is:
  • Gigabyte Z390m Gaming
  • Core i5-9600k
  • Intel HD630
  • HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz
  • Kingston SSD 240GB (OS drive)
  • WD 2.5 HDD 1TB (backup and other files drive)
EFI attached to the post

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 66
First of all would like to thanks everybody in this website and specially pastrychef to provide this amount of knowledge and time helping people solving their problems. I having been using my hackintosh for 4 months and all the problems that I had, I found the answer here and most of them were solved by pastrychef. You are a lifesaver.

Now, the problem that I couldn’t find an answer. Every time that I try to copy/move a big file between the OS SSD and a HDD connected to a SATA port the system shuts down. It happened when I was moving MATLAB (30GB) and when I was creating a backup with Time Machine. Someone had the same issue ?

My config is:
  • Gigabyte Z390m Gaming
  • Core i5-9600k
  • Intel HD630
  • HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz
  • Kingston SSD 240GB (OS drive)
  • WD 2.5 HDD 1TB (backup and other files drive)
EFI attached to the post

I've moved around a lot of data between the drives in my build and have never encountered this. What kind of power supply are you using? Try checking the power connections to all the internal devices.

I did the update to 10.15.5 and I had to put my RX580 back in to do the update (It just failed to install otherwise) and I had to disable Radeon boost for it to boot with my RX5700 in.
I just thought I would pass this one if anyone else is having any issues. like that.

Back