Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I was assuming that if I used USBInjectAll I should move aside the USBPorts-with-Power.kext. Is this true? That's what I did and it booted and has been fine for a day and a half (though I now realize I left SSDT-EC in place, but this should be harmless?)

I initially had no working audio but I found a post from you on how to fix that and it was straightforward.

Thanks pastrychef for your work here (and all the shoulders you're standing on). I'm optimistic in finally having a productive system.

Correct. If you use USBInjectAll, you should remove USBPorts-with-Power.

Yes, I do it on weekends. 12 Mbps is really weak.

12.jpg

I just tried it. It changes to HS12, but the speed remains the same. It doesn't bring anything.

2.jpg

Ok never got the OC working but what I did that got it to work was to take and copy my setup from my ASUS Z390 TUF and put tit in there and that seems to have worked. I got it up and running and was able to sign it out of iCloud. But prolly going to have to re-install. I cant get any of the USB 3 to connect. anyway since this is now. totally different board I'm going to start a new thread.

@jbarnette
Can you already tell us what better ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING has? Is there
Coil Whine? That really annoys me a bit about the gigabyte, even e-electric noise in the speakers.

@pastrychef ok I have them disabled but now I get this:
View attachment 469375

You are getting apfs_module_start:1689. Please try the following.

Ok never got the OC working but what I did that got it to work was to take and copy my setup from my ASUS Z390 TUF and put tit in there and that seems to have worked. I got it up and running and was able to sign it out of iCloud. But prolly going to have to re-install. I cant get any of the USB 3 to connect. anyway since this is now. totally different board I'm going to start a new thread.

Yeah. The Asus will behave a little differently from the Gigabyte. For example, the Gigabyte never required the RTC ACPI patch, where the Asus may... You will have to find what the differences are and make the adjustments.

Back