Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yes, disabling CSM should remove Legacy options.
No, I meant setting the boot priority in BIOS.
Understood, yes, I have that set correctly. Might look at defining the drives in open core

Hello people, for the card BCM94360CS2 on an PCIe adapter you have to connect a USB cable to the main board, to HS10. And now comes the question, I should take USB 2 or USB1, so left or right?

I have now selected the right one and that works too, but BT is very slow. Left, so USB2 doesn't work, hmmmm, am I doing something wrong?
I use USBPorts.kext where HS10 has been declared internal (255, 0A000000). Did I do it right?

USB intern for BCM94360CS2 BT.jpg

Hello people, for the card BCM94360CS2 on an PCIe adapter you have to connect a USB cable to the main board, to HS10. And now comes the question, I should take USB 2 or USB1, so left or right?

I have now selected the right one and that works too, but BT is very slow. Left, so USB2 doesn't work, hmmmm, am I doing something wrong?
I use USBPorts.kext where HS10 has been declared internal (255, 0A000000). Did I do it right?

View attachment 469222

Yes, as explained in post #1, Bluetooth should be connected to F_USB1.

I don't know why Bluetooth is "slow". There might be interference... Try avoiding the use of 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

I use 5G, but when I send a photo via BT I only get ~144 KB / s, is that normal?

I use 5G, but when I send a photo via BT I only get ~144 KB / s, is that normal?

I've never tried transferring files over Bluetooth.

I usually use AirDrop but that's reliant on Wi-Fi for the transfer.

Yes, as explained in post #1, Bluetooth should be connected to F_USB1.

Hi @pastrychef,
Why should it be connected to F_USB1?
If this is a requirement, is it specific to this motherboard?

Yes, but I have an Android phone, and for a 1 picture Bluetooth is relatively easy.
Thank you for your answer!

You can use Mojave if you like.

If you are using my EFI folder, you shouldn't need to make any changes for Mojave.

If you have a USB SSDT configured for use with USBInjectAll, you can continue using it.

I was assuming that if I used USBInjectAll I should move aside the USBPorts-with-Power.kext. Is this true? That's what I did and it booted and has been fine for a day and a half (though I now realize I left SSDT-EC in place, but this should be harmless?)

I initially had no working audio but I found a post from you on how to fix that and it was straightforward.

Thanks pastrychef for your work here (and all the shoulders you're standing on). I'm optimistic in finally having a productive system.

Hi @pastrychef,
Why should it be connected to F_USB1?
If this is a requirement, is it specific to this motherboard?

Because I already configured the USB ports to use that connector. If you want to use F_USB2, you will need to re-do the USBPorts.kext.

It has nothing to do with motherboard.

Yes, but I have an Android phone, and for a 1 picture Bluetooth is relatively easy.
Thank you for your answer!

Sorry. I don't know what "normal" speed would be to transfer photos over Bluetooth. I've never done it.

Back