Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

that is the thing it is buttery smooth. as a matter of fact I just booted over to the original account that I created when I did the fresh install and it is super smooth. I don't get it.

I guess you're just going to have to find the offending app via process of elimination...

Side note: I will not be updating Clover EFI to r5109. I've been seeing a lot of reports of problems and will skip this version.

I can confirm that: upgrading to clover 5109 screwed my hackintosh. Moving back to 5108 solved the problem

I guess you're just going to have to find the offending app via process of elimination...

ok so this is interesting I'm not sure now that there isn't more than one thing going on here. So I'm typing this in brave browser. because when safari is open it is hard to even click on thing because th mouse randomly stops working some times for a fraction of a second. sometimes for as much as 8-10 seconds. But now in brave the mouse is working fine but the keyboard has stopped working 4 separate times writing this message for more than 20 seconds at t time at least. and ever once in a while there is a noticeable delay in what I type of several seconds. this is super weird.

ok so this is interesting I'm not sure now that there isn't more than one thing going on here. So I'm typing this in brave browser. because when safari is open it is hard to even click on thing because th mouse randomly stops working some times for a fraction of a second. sometimes for as much as 8-10 seconds. But now in brave the mouse is working fine but the keyboard has stopped working 4 separate times writing this message for more than 20 seconds at t time at least. and ever once in a while there is a noticeable delay in what I type of several seconds. this is super weird.

Do you have any old, legacy Safari extensions enabled? Maybe try disabling all Safari extensions and see if it helps...

I have only one extension enabled and that is 1Password and it is current doubtful that it is the issue. getting it without safari running and it was progressively getting worse. I think I might be onto something. both the mouse and the keyboard use the same Logitech receiver and of course that goes into the USB. I'm not sure but I think that the problem may lie somewhere in that chain of hardware. So I tried swapping the Logitech unifying receiver for my one from my other machine. unfortunately that didn't fix it either. HoweverI thought what if I Bypass USB altogether? well I have connected the Magic Tackpad 2 and a Logitech BT keyboard for Mac via BT and I have not experiences so much as a hiccup thus far. I'm beginning to think that this has something to do with hardware. perhaps something related to the USB. But don't these BT WIFI cards send the BT over the internet USB header? or is that just for power?

man I'm so confused this is sooooo frustrating.

UPDATE: Other weirdness. So I tried connecting my MX Master S2 and Craft Keyboard viaBT and they still act hokey. But My Logitech K811 and the Magic Trackpad see to work fine over BT. I don't understand this. I could understand if one of the dives was dying but both at the exact same time. implausible at best. Prolly gonna have to blow all of these out and start from scratch anyway. AppleID won't sign in now on this machine. Also I can't figure out how to Hide this stupid Data Partition I now have Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD - Data WTF Apple! why is this Data Partition even visible at all. This has been aggravating since APFS came out but now it is on my desktop and sidebar giving me the finger and I can't get rid of it.

Last edited:
I have only one extension enabled and that is 1Password and it is current doubtful that it is the issue. getting it without safari running and it was progressively getting worse. I think I might be onto something. both the mouse and the keyboard use the same Logitech receiver and of course that goes into the USB. I'm not sure but I think that the problem may lie somewhere in that chain of hardware. So I tried swapping the Logitech unifying receiver for my one from my other machine. unfortunately that didn't fix it either. HoweverI thought what if I Bypass USB altogether? well I have connected the Magic Tackpad 2 and a Logitech BT keyboard for Mac via BT and I have not experiences so much as a hiccup thus far. I'm beginning to think that this has something to do with hardware. perhaps something related to the USB. But don't these BT WIFI cards send the BT over the internet USB header? or is that just for power?

man I'm so confused this is sooooo frustrating.

UPDATE: Other weirdness. So I tried connecting my MX Master S2 and Craft Keyboard viaBT and they still act hokey. But My Logitech K811 and the Magic Trackpad see to work fine over BT. I don't understand this. I could understand if one of the dives was dying but both at the exact same time. implausible at best. Prolly gonna have to blow all of these out and start from scratch anyway. AppleID won't sign in now on this machine. Also I can't figure out how to Hide this stupid Data Partition I now have Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD - Data WTF Apple! why is this Data Partition even visible at all. This has been aggravating since APFS came out but now it is on my desktop and sidebar giving me the finger and I can't get rid of it.

There was another user who was reporting issues when using a Logitech mouse with one of those unifying receivers. I thought it was just an isolated incident, but maybe not...

Have you tried disabling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when using the Logitech devices? Or, better yet, do you have any wired keyboards or mice you can try?

Can you try with the Clover EFI on a USB flash drive?

Have you tried the new OpenCore 0.5.7 EFI?

Last night, I was so tired I forgot to answer. I made it work. I feel so dumb coz it was the MSR Unlock, but I tried it like 4 times without success, so I think it was a combination of bad BIOS-MSR until I reset CMOS again and did all from scratch them worked.

I realized was the MSR coz I used AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock (Kernel -> Quirks) and worked.

Thanks for your time !!

macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update installed fine on OpenCore.

~18 minutes and two restarts...

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 7.17.14 PM.png

Back