Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

ok so after about 15 minutes the HDMI audio got garbled then stopped working in brave. and when I say stop I mean it stops working on every software apple or otherwise. but can switch audio to the USB audio interface and it works just fine. super weird

I didn't test the HDMI audio much. I use speakers connected to the motherboard.

Ok so I have Whatevergreen and AppleALC disabled but I still see my Samsung HDMI audio! How can this be?

Like I said, I think Apple enabled it in their new drivers.

AppleALC is not responsible for HDMI/DisplayPort audio. It's only responsible for motherboard audio.

Like I said, I think Apple enabled it in their new drivers.

AppleALC is not responsible for HDMI/DisplayPort audio. It's only responsible for motherboard audio.
well if apple enabled it. it is terrible on the Radeon VII and doesn't work correctly.

The pink/purple lines during boot was a cosmetic issue that WhateverGreen addressed a while back. It doesn't affect any functionality. Since WhateverGreen is no longer enabled, the fix isn't there to get rid of them. It's just cosmetic.

Yes, that's the weird part. HDMI/DisplayPort audio is still there even without WhateverGreen. My guess is that new drivers have it enabled. That may have been conflicting with the WhateverGreen implementation to enable HDMI/DisplayPort audio.

Hi my friend,

I can't pretend to know the answer here, but I think AppleALC actually might have some bearing on HDMI output working. The 300-series codec is certainly one supported by it.

Back in the old Z370 days I used that FakePCIID plug-in - FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext - to get, yes RX560 audio out over HDMI. Doesn't sound right, I know. Anyhow, with the Z390 I get the HDMI audio via the GPU cable to my monitor, along with ALC892, just by using AppleALC.kext. So, it makes you wonder ....

Like you though, I only really use green-port to powered speakers.

Just my two-pennyworth (cents-worth!). :)

well if apple enabled it. it is terrible on the Radeon VII and doesn't work correctly.

Yeah, it was causing kernel panics for me with WhateverGreen. But I caught it early and my system has been solid with WhateverGreen disabled.

Hi my friend,

I can't pretend to know the answer here, but I think AppleALC actually might have some bearing on HDMI output working. The 300-series codec is certainly one supported by it.

Back in the old Z370 days I used that FakePCIID plug-in - FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext - to get, yes RX560 audio out over HDMI. Doesn't sound right, I know. Anyhow, with the Z390 I get the HDMI audio via the GPU cable to my monitor, along with ALC892, just by using AppleALC.kext. So, it makes you wonder ....

Like you though, I only really use green-port to powered speakers.

Just my two-pennyworth (cents-worth!). :)

A while back, I tested with no AppleALC and HDMI/DisplayPort audio still worked. Up until macOS 10.15.4, HDMI/DisplayPort audio only broke when I disabled WhateverGreen.

I looked here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210642 and the only thing that they say that they added was support for HDR TV connected to the HDMI port. doesn't mention audio at all. But sure enough Whatevergreen and AppleALC both off and the Samsung still is in the list. But like a I say after about 15-20 minutes the audio will start getting garbled and then stop working. Soooo bizzar!

A while back, I tested with no AppleALC and HDMI/DisplayPort audio still worked. Up until macOS 10.15.4, HDMI/DisplayPort audio only broke when I disabled WhateverGreen.

Could be AppleHDA perhaps. AppleALC certainly has hooks into it see here . At line #704 there are two patches that hook in. (Yes, lockdown is making me read crazy stuff!)

As to why HDMI audio is working without any kexts at all, points back to AppleHDA and as @jbarnette says above :thumbup:

I'm new to the hackintosh world, this is my second installation. The first was with the Mojave, and now I'm at Catalina 10.15.4. I've made some progress, and I didn't have everything working perfectly. In the last attempt, I used the EFI folder of this post and entered my serial number information and onboard video configuration, using Intel UHD 630 with 1536MB.
I realized that, in the system information, it appears as if my machine had only one memory slot. My card is exactly like the one on the post. Here are my settings:
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming (Bios F9G)
Intel Core i5-9600K
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666MHz
NVMe Adata Xpg Gammix S11 Pro 512GB
HDD 500GB WD Caviar Blue 3.5
HDD 500GB WD Caviar Blue 2.5
HDD 2TB Hitachi 3.5
Water cooler Cooler Master 120MM

The 2 500GB hard drives are part of a raid created by the disk utility, and I use them on the time machine.

What should I change in the settings so that I can show the 4 slots in the system information again?
I also noticed that in the NVMe tab, it shows how generic SSD controller, and I've seen some setups where it shows Apple SSD controller. (I don't know if this is just cosmetic or changes something.)
When using Mac fans control, I noticed that it doesn't recognize the coolers and the wate rcooler.
This is more, I would like help from friends of the forum, to see if my config plist is correct or if it needs improvement. I'm learning a lot from the forum, but I'm new to this area and I have a lot to learn here.
I thank you all. Sorry for my bad English. I'm using Google translator.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.2 KB · Views: 42
Back