Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

It's the same as Clover. You still need the agpdmod=pikera boot argument.

Are you using Clover or OpenCore? If you are using OpenCore, the Aptio fix is partially built in to the bootloader and you only need FwRuntimeServices.
In using cover currently, I will use your efi folder you shared, do I need to do anything to remove clover? Or just delete it and Add your folder in my efi?

In using cover currently, I will use your efi folder you shared, do I need to do anything to remove clover? Or just delete it and Add your folder in my efi?

Just delete your EFI.

Just delete your EFI.
Welp I just reset the CMOS and switched to Open Core (my brain hurts), Can't thank you enough for doing all that work on it.
I updated the config.plist with my serial etc and removed the thunderbolt stuff you had in it. I would never have been able to change over if it wasn't for your amazing work. I can boot and everything was great on the first go. except......
After all of that, it still doesn't let me update........ :banghead:
I have attached the new log just in case it is different.

Let me know if anything stands out as a red flag.
I think I might try doing a fresh install and see if I can even do that, Last time I couldn't and I had to restore from a backup.

Thank you again for all your hard work it means a lot, and I greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• Installer Log 31-Mar-2020.txt
    139.3 KB · Views: 51
Welp I just reset the CMOS and switched to Open Core (my brain hurts), Can't thank you enough for doing all that work on it.
I updated the config.plist with my serial etc and removed the thunderbolt stuff you had in it. I would never have been able to change over if it wasn't for your amazing work. I can boot and everything was great on the first go. except......
After all of that, it still doesn't let me update........ :banghead:
I have attached the new log just in case it is different.

Let me know if anything stands out as a red flag.
I think I might try doing a fresh install and see if I can even do that, Last time I couldn't and I had to restore from a backup.

Thank you again for all your hard work it means a lot, and I greatly appreciate it.

When you boot in verbose, where does it get stuck?

You can enable verbose by adding " -v" (without the quotes) to config.plist > NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args.

I had the same motherlboard, and I plan to follow your guide to build my one, but dont know how to Favorite yours, so just mark here, thanks for your good share!

Components
BCM94360CS2 on PCI-e Adaptor
> Amazon, Newegg
@pastrychef pls forgive me if it was already answered but I've been searching the forum and I couldn't yet reach any conclusion about the wifi/bluetooth card. From your 1st post I understood you're using the BCM94360CS2 but it requires an adaptor. Which exactly is this adapter, can you post a photo or a link?
Is it something similar to this one? (I found in aliexpress)
I saw it comes with a USB cable, is it required for the bluetooth?

PCIe Wireless Adapter.png
PCIe Wireless Adapter 2.png

@pastrychef pls forgive me if it was already answered but I've been searching the forum and I couldn't yet reach any conclusion about the wifi/bluetooth card. From your 1st post I understood you're using the BCM94360CS2 but it requires an adaptor. Which exactly is this adapter, can you post a photo or a link?
Is it something similar to this one? (I found in aliexpress)
I saw it comes with a USB cable, is it required for the bluetooth?

View attachment 459004
View attachment 459006

Yes. That adaptor should work fine. I use something very similar, probably an older version.

Yes, the cable is required for Bluetooth to work. This cable is for D+ and D- of the Bluetooth part of the BCM94360CS2.

You can enable verbose by adding " -v" (without the quotes) to config.plist > NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args.
[/QUOTE

I took a video, it seems to boot to the installer, I'm trying to switch drives to see if that is the problem. I made a new volume and it wouldn't let me install on that volume either, I did a new install USB with 10.15.4 on it, that one goes to the installer but when I try to install it said 3 minutes remaining and then restarts and doesn't seem to do anything....

I took a video, it seems to boot to the installer, I'm trying to switch drives to see if that is the problem. I made a new volume and it wouldn't let me install on that volume either, I did a new install USB with 10.15.4 on it, that one goes to the installer but when I try to install it said 3 minutes remaining and then restarts and doesn't seem to do anything....

Attachments

• VID_20200401_232737.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 56

Please try with USB Install plugged in to one of the motherboard USB ports in the rear of the computer.

Please try with USB Install plugged in to one of the motherboard USB ports in the rear of the computer.
Still didn't work, I even tried installing to another drive and the install just stopped and restarts the computer, I do not for the life of me understand what is going on...

Back