Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yup, just regular speakers plugged right into the motherboard.

Hmm... I have no idea why that's happening to you... I checked Console on my system and don't have any of those errors.

The only problems I had with audio were with HDMI audio and that was fixed once I removed WhateverGreen.

Alright, thanks for checking it out, chef. I'll keep digging.

I'll keep looking too... But my system has been solid since removing WhateverGreen and I also just have a powered speaker connected to the motherboard audio.

I'll keep looking too... But my system has been solid since removing WhateverGreen and I also just have a powered speaker connected to the motherboard audio.
Please sir help out....
I build my EFI with OpenCore vanilla guide but there is a problem:

00:000 00:000 OC: Boot failed - Aborted
00:022 00:022 OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted

I uploaded my EFI folder and a screenshot here:

IMG_20200331_005919.jpg

Attachments

• EFI_nobin_vanilla.zip
    2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Please sir help out....
I build my efi with opencore vanilla guide but there is a problem ...

00:000 00:000 OC: Boot failed - Aborted
00:022 00:022 OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted

I uploaded my efi folder and a screenshot here...

I don't know what those errors mean.

Please read through post #1 and 2 and unlock MSR first.

Then you can try using my OpenCore EFI from post #1 and just disable the USBPorts.kext, enable USBInjectAll.kext, and enable config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit.

If this is your first time hackintoshing, I highly recommend that you use Clover for now. You can switch to OpenCore at a later date.

Also, if you are using Gigabyte UHD 630, you will most likely need to patch your connectors as per the following guide:

I don't know what those errors mean.

Please read through post #1 and 2 and unlock MSR first.

Then you can try using my OpenCore EFI from post #1 and just disable the USBPorts.kext, enable USBInjectAll.kext, and enable config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit.

If this is your first time hackintoshing, I highly recommend that you use Clover for now. You can switch to OpenCore at a later date.

Also, if you are using Gigabyte UHD 630, you will most likely need to patch your connectors as per the following guide:
One month ago, I have a macOS Catalina installed. But my SSD crashed, and I lost it. It was above Clover bootloader..
Then, I reinstalling with my previous EFI folder (I backup it in my cloud drive), and it's won't working now.
I don't have any running maOS now, so I can't unlocking MSR ...
Here is a picture of Clover bootloader problem.

Now please give me a guide...which one I should follow...Clover or opencore..?

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_172345.jpg
    IMG_20200318_172345.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200318_172427.jpg
    IMG_20200318_172427.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
One month ago, I have a macOS Catalina installed. But my SSD crashed, and I lost it. It was above Clover bootloader..
Then, I reinstalling with my previous EFI folder (I backup it in my cloud drive), and it's won't working now.
I don't have any running maOS now, so I can't unlocking MSR ...
Here is a picture of Clover bootloader problem.

Now please give me a guide...which one I should follow...Clover or opencore..?

You don't need another Mac to unlock MSR. Please see post #1 and 2.

Once you've unlocked MSR, you can use the EFI attached to post #4.

Pastrychef, in your instruction you mentioned Wif/BT card is on slot 2 (slot 0 is the GPU) which is too close to the GPU fan. I am wondering if I can put Wifi/BT on slot 3, the furthest slot on the M/B, would this cause the any problem?
Hello!
I bought a similar Riser PCIe x1 and moved wi-fi / BT away without changing the slot.
PCI express X1-X1 riser

I really don't know why you are getting stuck at the Aptio fix...

Have you tried clearing CMOS and starting fresh?

Have you tried the OpenCore EFI?
I cleared the CMOS and started fresh with that it is still not updating.
Is there anything special I need to do to switch from Clover to OpenCore? Is there any boot args that I need for me RX5700?
Thank you again for all you help you are a lifesaver.

I cleared the CMOS and started fresh with that it is still not updating.
Is there anything special I need to do to switch from Clover to OpenCore? Is there any boot args that I need for me RX5700?
Thank you again for all you help you are a lifesaver.

It's the same as Clover. You still need the agpdmod=pikera boot argument.

Are you using Clover or OpenCore? If you are using OpenCore, the Aptio fix is partially built in to the bootloader and you only need FwRuntimeServices.

Back