Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I have IGPU enabled as I use FCPX etc. but yes my 5700 is my primary and I do not have anything plugged into the IGPU.
I think my bios settings are all correct I used your guide and I do not think I changed anything else.

Try disabling IGPU to see if you can boot. You can enable it again later.

Try disabling IGPU to see if you can boot. You can enable it again later.
Still didn't work, I'm not sure what's going on, I've never had issues with updating before.. I'll have to figure out how to delete and re download the update. See if that helps. Thanks for your help

Still didn't work, I'm not sure what's going on, I've never had issues with updating before.. I'll have to figure out how to delete and re download the update. See if that helps. Thanks for your help

Your problem is the Aptio fix. Try replacing OcQuirks+FwRuntimeServices with AptioMemoryFix to see if it helps.

Tried that still didn't work... Any other ideas? I really appreciate your help.

I really don't know why you are getting stuck at the Aptio fix...

Have you tried clearing CMOS and starting fresh?

Have you tried the OpenCore EFI?

Last edited:
What do you see when you enter "nvram -p" in to Terminal?

Try muting your speaker volume then restarting. If NVRAM is working, your volume will still be mute after restart.
when I enter "nvram -p" in to Terminal, nothing show.ok ,and now i mute my volume then restarting , volume still is muting . why this is happen, is there a another way to verify nvram working? i want to verify this , because my boot.log show some apfs volume not found. i think this is related to nvram

And here I'm back again, I have a problem with setting up the Startup Disk to Macintosh HD. I Always get the Error: The nvram tool was unable to set a preference.

Whats the Problem and how can I get it to work? :)

when I enter "nvram -p" in to Terminal, nothing show.ok ,and now i mute my volume then restarting , volume still is muting . why this is happen, is there a another way to verify nvram working? i want to verify this , because my boot.log show some apfs volume not found. i think this is related to nvram

Nothing is showing for "nvram -p"??? There has to be something... Make sure you enter that without the quotes.

And here I'm back again, I have a problem with setting up the Startup Disk to Macintosh HD. I Always get the Error: The nvram tool was unable to set a preference.

Whats the Problem and how can I get it to work? :)

Please post a picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 15.23.34.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 15.23.34.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 73
Back