Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

But when I format the pendrive, it is empty, of course, but I must create a folder manually, with the name EFI, and inside it only needs to have the folder Boot / bootx64.efi

Correct. When preparing to unlock MSR, your USB flash drive should only have /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi on its EFI partition.

Or I need the clover to generate this EFI folder.

No. You don't need Clover when unlocking MSR.

If you can do a more detailed step by step, I am 3 hours reading the comments to see if I can find someone who has the same question. I found some people, but with the same answer.
  1. Once you have your USB flash drive that has /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi on its EFI partition, boot your hackintosh from this USB flash drive.
  2. At the Grub prompt, enter "setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0" (without the quotes).
  3. You are done and can shut down the computer (via power button on your computer) and proceed to installing macOS.
There are no more details that I can give. It's very simple. Don't overthink it.

Another doubt.
When you say to save an MSR modification profile on the flash drive, can I do this with the same flash drive? or it has to be another one,

Yes, you can save it to the same USB flash drive you used for unlocking MSR or the USB flash drive you will use for installing macOS. It doesn't matter. Either will work. You can even use another USB flash drive you have laying around. Any will do as long as the system recognizes the USB flash drive.

When you ask to enter setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0. you could do this step by step with a video or photo. I swear I'm more afraid of doing something wrong

IMG_0586.jpeg

I just don't get it... :crazy:

I guess you can try putting your working EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and leave it plugged to your system 100% of the time and set that as the first boot priority in BIOS...
This doesn’t solve my problem because even if I try booting with no drives connected only a usb drive with the working EFI with agdpmod=pikera when it press space agdpmod=pikera still doesn’t show up

This doesn’t solve my problem because even if I try booting with no drives connected only a usb drive with the working EFI with agdpmod=pikera when it press space agdpmod=pikera still doesn’t show up

Are you sure???

What if you move the "agdpmod=pikera" to the top of the list of arguments?

Also, please try clearing NVRAM by pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu.

Lastly, please try disabling SIP in config.plist then entering the following Terminal then try booting:
Code:
sudo nvram agdpmod=pikera

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 7.57.53 AM.png

Last edited:
Hello good Morning. thanks for responding, I created the folder EFI / BOOT / bootx64.efi

However when starting the pc by pressing F12 to boot from the flash drive, I choose it the screen flashes and returns to the menu of choice, does not give me any option to enter the command enter setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0

I don't understand why I can't
I formatted the Flash drive
Mac OS Extended (Journaled) / GUID

Hello good Morning. thanks for responding, I created the folder EFI / BOOT / bootx64.efi

However when starting the pc by pressing F12 to boot from the flash drive, I choose it the screen flashes and returns to the menu of choice, does not give me any option to enter the command enter setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0

I don't understand why I can't
I formatted the Flash drive
Mac OS Extended (Journaled) / GUID

The EFI folder must be copied to the EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

You can use EFI Agent to help with mounting the EFI partition.

It worked!
at the time you showed that program it changed my life, on the first attempt, I put only one boot of pasta, but I put the same EFI / BOOT and I already partitioned the EFI.

Thanks, now I'm going to move on to part 2 of the tutorial

Are you sure???

What if you move the "agdpmod=pikera" to the top of the list of arguments?

Also, please try clearing NVRAM by pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu.

Lastly, please try disabling SIP in config.plist then entering the following Terminal then try booting:
Code:
sudo nvram agdpmod=pikera

View attachment 456212
I tried both didn’t change anything I also completely reinstalled mac os, cleared the cmos of the motherboard redid the msr unlock still the same issue I tried booting from the usb stick with the same efi on another computer and there everything works fine the agdpmod=pikera shows up

I tried both didn’t change anything I also completely reinstalled mac os, cleared the cmos of the motherboard redid the msr unlock still the same issue I tried booting from the usb stick with the same efi on another computer and there everything works fine the agdpmod=pikera shows up

That's really strange! Even the Terminal command didn't work???

What do you see when you enter the following in to Terminal:
Code:
nvram -p

So everything works on a different computer? Even the "agdpmod=pikera"? I'm stumped.

That's really strange! Even the Terminal command didn't work???

What do you see when you enter the following in to Terminal:
Code:
nvram -p

So everything works on a different computer? Even the "agdpmod=pikera"? I'm stumped.
the terminal command didn't seem to work but it asked for my password
I have attached a screen of the terminal
on the other computer everything works

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 16.47.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 16.47.49.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 57
the terminal command didn't seem to work but it asked for my password
I have attached a screen of the terminal
on the other computer everything works

You have to disable SIP and reboot before entering the Terminal command.

After entering the command, it will ask for your password.

Reboot afterwards and see if your RX 5700 XT is working.

Back