Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

could it be that the boot arguments are also stored somewhere else ?

No. That's the only place.

You still can't boot without manually entering the boot arguments at the Clover boot menu?

No. That's the only place.

You still can't boot without manually entering the boot arguments at the Clover boot menu?
Yes I still have to enter the boot arguments manually

Yes I still have to enter the boot arguments manually

It doesn't make sense...

Try deleting the entire EFI folder and see if you can boot. Of course, make sure you have a USB flash drive with the working EFI in the EFI partition.

It doesn't make sense...

Try deleting the entire EFI folder and see if you can boot. Of course, make sure you have a USB flash drive with the working EFI in the EFI partition.
I couldn't boot without the EFI folder and even the usb stick with the working EFI didn't have the agdpmod=pikera boot argument

I couldn't boot without the EFI folder and even the usb stick with the working EFI didn't have the agdpmod=pikera boot argument

It doesn't make sense. Maybe Clover Configurator isn't saving properly? After you save, open the config.plist again to check if the edits are in place.

It doesn't make sense. Maybe Clover Configurator isn't saving properly? After you save, open the config.plist again to check if the edits are in place.
yes the edits are in place

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.9 KB · Views: 66
yes the edits are in place

I don't get it... Why don't the boot arguments have any effect when booting from internal system drive??? Can you try without the darkwake and dart boot arguments in your config.plist?

Note:
Gonna head out for some fresh air before the lockdown gets any more strict. Will reply when I return...

I don't get it... Why don't the boot arguments have any effect when booting from internal system drive??? Can you try without the darkwake and dart boot arguments in your config.plist?

Note:
Gonna head out for some fresh air before the lockdown gets any more strict. Will reply when I return...
it didn't change anything
sure no problem thanks for taking your time helping me

it didn't change anything
sure no problem thanks for taking your time helping me

I just don't get it... :crazy:

I guess you can try putting your working EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and leave it plugged to your system 100% of the time and set that as the first boot priority in BIOS...

Hello pastrychef
I am very new to the hackintosh world. even having a mac mini since 2011.

but when you say - ~ It's really straight forward. Just copy the EFI Shell to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.

But when I format the pendrive, it is empty, of course, but I must create a folder manually, with the name EFI, and inside it only needs to have the folder Boot / bootx64.efi
Or I need the clover to generate this EFI folder.

If you can do a more detailed step by step, I am 3 hours reading the comments to see if I can find someone who has the same question. I found some people, but with the same answer.

Another doubt.
When you say to save an MSR modification profile on the flash drive, can I do this with the same flash drive? or it has to be another one,

When you ask to enter setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0. you could do this step by step with a video or photo. I swear I'm more afraid of doing something wrong

Back