Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hey pastrychef

I have same motherboard and processor like you but Radeon RX Vega 64 with iMac Pro 1,1.

I have disable IGPU in bios but i have enable VT-d.
What is difference between enable or disable for this two ?

I can't use iMessage or FaceTime..

Can you explain me why you are add patches in Acpi / DSDT section, what is difference ? :)

I attach my EFI, all work perfectly but if you have idea for more performance :p

Can you control your fan ? me not but i can see it with HWMonitor2 (not HWMonitor)

Geekbench:
CPU: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1503032
GPU OpenCL: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/635244
GPU Metal: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/635251

Thanks

In config.plist > ACPI > DSDT, there are a bunch of renames. The devices are renamed to be Mac compatible. Most are redundant and should do nothing if kexts are doing their job. I leave them there for convenience when I'm messing with kexts.

Your Ethernet is probably not working without a kext.

Without working EN0, Apple ID will probably be broken.

The fans are controlled by BIOS.

Edit:
Your USB probably isn't working right. You need to apply one of the 15 port limit fixes.

Last edited:
In config.plist > ACPI > DSDT, there are a bunch of renames. The devices are renamed to be Mac compatible. Most are redundant and should do nothing if kexts are doing their job. I leave them there for convenience when I'm messing with kexts.

Your Ethernet is probably not working without a kext.

Without working EN0, Apple ID will probably be broken.

The fans are controlled by BIOS.

Edit:
Your USB probably isn't working right. You need to apply one of the 15 port limit fixes.

I not use Ethernet, i use my android and it is en0 haha
I wait for buy WIFI CARD, if you have link to buy product working

And what is difference if my IGPU is enable or disable ?

All USB3 / USB3.1 (Red Port) / USB-C working
I test with USB KEY 3.0 And my iPhone

Last edited:
I not use Ethernet, i use my android and it is en0 haha
I wait for buy WIFI CARD, if you have link to buy product working

And what is difference if my IGPU is enable or disable ?

All USB3 / USB3.1 (Red Port) / USB-C working
I test with USB KEY 3.0 And my iPhone

IGPU may help improve FCPX performance. I can't confirm because I don't use FCPX...

Even if the ports are working, without one of the 15 port limit fixes, you may encounter issues such as sleep not working right.

IGPU may help improve FCPX performance. I can't confirm because I don't use FCPX...

Even if the ports are working, without one of the 15 port limit fixes, you may encounter issues such as sleep not working right.

Sleep work perfectly haha
I test tomorrow remove one

edit: wait, you say I not have port limit fixes ?? I have two fix on my config.plist

Hi Pastry, I hope you are being safe in these days.

I'm trying to populate my PCI list and I have this where you indicate to delete the subtree PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqwo1z3yuboyl3s/Screenshot 2020-03-20 13.10.05.png?dl=0

Is that the expected? Thanks!

Doing good here. Thanks. Just very quiet and extremely bored. Lol

No, you don't need to delete that one. Just look for "LPC/eSPI Controller". That's the one that I needed to delete. When left undeleted, it prevented sleep for me.

so, I had to put the IGPU back to auto, as ENABLE would be very unreliable during boot up.

Also... I can't get into the AppStore... It seems to be logged in (and all other services connected to my AppleID seem to work fine), but the window is completely blank. Rebooted, changed time zone, cleared caches... nothing has worked so far...
Any clue? Thanks!

so, I had to put the IGPU back to auto, as ENABLE would be very unreliable during boot up.

Also... I can't get into the AppStore... It seems to be logged in (and all other services connected to my AppleID seem to work fine), but the window is completely blank. Rebooted, changed time zone, cleared caches... nothing has worked so far...
Any clue? Thanks!

Are you using Clover or OpenCore?

Please see the following guide to make sure your Serial is clean.

Make sure your built-in Ethernet is EN0 in System Information > Network.

Make sure your DNS is up-to-date.

hello, thank you very much for this guide everything works really well
I have just one little issue I am using a navi card and have therefore added the agdpmod=pikera, dart=0 and darkwake=0 boot arguments to the config plist using clover configurator but it doesn't seem to work I have to type them in at the clover boot screen every time

Back