Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I am glad you figured it out. :clap: But don't use Clover .efi with OpenCore. Also, why are you using Protocols?

The drivers work for OpenCore or Clover. It doesn't really matter. Even the boot chime drivers are the same for both.

Which protocols?

The drivers work for OpenCore or Clover. It doesn't really matter. Even the boot chime drivers are the same for both.

Which protocols?
Are you using vault? If not you dont need AppleSmcIo. I dont know why you are need others?

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 21.13.58.png

Yes, I use FileVault. But even if FileVault is disabled, enabling the FileVault features doesn't cause any harm or errors.
I guessed. Meanwhile, I was reading the guide. I saw it there too.:thumbup:

Okay. I just figured this out while testing config.plists... Once I encountered that error, the only way to get it fixed is to clear CMOS.

1. Trying to boot OpenCore from USB flash drive always ends in an error for me.
  2. Therefore, put your OpenCore EFI in the EFI partition of an internal drive.
  3. Clear CMOS.
  4. Re-do your MSR unlock.
  5. Re-do your BIOS settings.
  6. Boot in to OpenCore.
  7. Select your Catalina drive.

OK will do. My drive is anyway a NVMe drive that I can insert in one of the internal slot, rather than in the USB NVMe external adapter. Just need to open the case which is quite cumbersome with my Silverstone SG10 case.
will report back soon.
Thanks!

So if you have a Gigabyte motherboard, and you have a CFG lock/unlock option in your UEFI/BIOS, do you still have to go through the MSR unlock procedure?

I was having issues with my hack and found this, I changed over to this EFI as I have this motherboard (thank you for that). I followed your very good instructions and unlocked the msr updated my bios settings and all that but now that I am trying to do a fresh install it has a install time of 3 minutes and then restarts to install from (my volume) it then it loads like it's going to continue the install but then shuts down....... I grabbed this verbose but am at a loss on what to do.
I would really appreciate your help.

hi. how did you solve. are you able to boot with imacpro1,1 sysdef and you and 5700?

So if you have a Gigabyte motherboard, and you have a CFG lock/unlock option in your UEFI/BIOS, do you still have to go through the MSR unlock procedure?

If the option is in BIOS, just do it from BIOS.

The port is already configured to be enabled. It is port SS02. You can look in the USBPorts.kext > Contents > Info.plist and see it there.

Please check that your cable and/or device is working. Also, do not confuse Thunderbolt devices with USB devices.
okay, I don't know why but my USB C Device Inateck USB C Hub is working very sporadically, some day its visible in Mac OS, then 2 Hours later its gone...need to check if it is the device...

But I have another problem, I want to enable iGPU with the i9 9900k and the GB z390-M
But when I enable the iGPU in Bios and boot I can enter the password for FileVault and after that I get: Error allocating 0x328 pages at 0x00000000234c800 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel Cache (0x9)
OCB StartImage Failed - Aborted
Halting on critical Error

BTW I somehow fixed the NVRAM Error Message on the Bios Screen , if you want I can send you my config.plist, because I have no idea how I fixed it, it was somehow gone for me :)

BTW: I'm using SMBIOS iMAC19,1... and I cannot enable iGPU :(

okay, I don't know why but my USB C Device Inateck USB C Hub is working very sporadically, some day its visible in Mac OS, then 2 Hours later its gone...need to check if it is the device...

But I have another problem, I want to enable iGPU with the i9 9900k and the GB z390-M
But when I enable the iGPU in Bios and boot I can enter the password for FileVault and after that I get: Error allocating 0x328 pages at 0x00000000234c800 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel Cache (0x9)
OCB StartImage Failed - Aborted
Halting on critical Error

BTW I somehow fixed the NVRAM Error Message on the Bios Screen , if you want I can send you my config.plist, because I have no idea how I fixed it, it was somehow gone for me :)

If you have a discrete graphics card, you can set DVMT Prealloc to 32MB. This should help avoid the error that you see.

Back