Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello @pastrychef

Trying to get familiar with Open Core, this morning I tried your OpenCore (0.5.6) EFI.
I got this error message about NVRAM, and the hack wouldn't boot, ending up in getting a black screen.
Any hints?
thank you very much!
Something wrong in your NVRAM section. Share your config.plist

Hello @pastrychef

Trying to get familiar with Open Core, this morning I tried your OpenCore (0.5.6) EFI.
I got this error message about NVRAM, and the hack wouldn't boot, ending up in getting a black screen.
Any hints?
thank you very much!

Sorry. Missed the part about you not being able to boot. Are you using the OpenCore EFI as-is? Do you know how to add -v boot argument. I need to see verbose boot to see where it's stopping.

Sorry. Missed the part about you not being able to boot. Are you using the OpenCore EFI as-is? Do you know how to add -v boot argument. I need to see verbose boot to see where it's stopping.

Just back home. I will try the -v bootarg and report back. thank you.

It's in the OpenCore 0.5.6 EFI attached to post #1.
Did you try with just two bootargs debug=0x100 keepsyms=1? Why are you using all beta args for debug or something else?

Did you try with just two bootargs debug=0x100 keepsyms=1? Why are you using all beta args for debug or something else?

Yes, I tried getting rid of all the boot arguments. No change.
I tried getting rid of the Nvidia thing. No change.
I tried setting English language. No change.

Beta arguments for the kexts allow the kexts to work with versions of macOS not defined by the kexts.

Beta arguments for the kexts allow the kexts to work with versions of macOS not defined by the kexts.
I will send you a new config.plist in a couple of minutes if you don't mind try with that.

Guys,

for the bootargs, can I simply add them in the boot section in config.plist with clover configurator? I am very new to Open Core and I dont know if it should treated differently. For the moment I have only added the sections related to the SMBIOS as suggested by the "readme" picture.
Thank you!

Back