Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hey @pastrychef - just finished a build with the same motherboard and RAM as you - what changes would I have to make to your EFI to get this running smoothly with an RX 5700 XT?

THANKS for this guide.

Add "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument to config.plist.

This should get the system to boot with the RX 5700 XT but I believe there are still some bugs in the macOS drivers that need to be ironed out.

Trying that now - getting to the Clover boot, but after the white Apple progress bar fills up, I get a black screen. How necessary are darkwake and dart? I tried those too, same deal. I'm doing this off a USB 3.0 SSD drive. Do i have to use a USB 2.0 stick?

Trying that now - getting to the Clover boot, but after the white Apple progress bar fills up, I get a black screen. How necessary are darkwake and dart? I tried those too, same deal. I'm doing this off a USB 3.0 SSD drive. Do i have to use a USB 2.0 stick?

USB SSD should be fine.

The "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument is supposed to address the black screen condition. Are you using DisplayPort to connect your monitor?

The darkwake and dart may or may not help with sleep.

Yes, the BCM94360CS2 should work with the Asus Z370-I and Asus H370 N.

You got the BCM94360CS2 recognized in Windows when it was installed in a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Wifi???

I used the BCM94360CS2 in an M.2 adaptor in my Asus Z370 motherboard and it works great. I tried the same on my Gigabyte Z390 and it just wasn't recognized anywhere.

The 9900T should work fine with macOS. What you see in About This Mac is cosmetic.

Btw, congratulations on finding a 9900T. Those things are tough to get! Is it an engineering sample?
It is an engineering sample. Ali Express...

I apologize for the stupid question. How to remove this text near the apple, at boot, after starting Clover? I do not use -v and removed this argument. I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find how to remove this text.

Attachments

• How_Delete.jpg
    How_Delete.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 51
I apologize for the stupid question. How to remove this text near the apple, at boot, after starting Clover? I do not use -v and removed this argument. I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find how to remove this text.

I don't know how to get rid of that text.

@pastrychef my RX560 sound shows no codec no revision is that normal? ALCS1200A says you may require Spoof Audio Device ID and sub device shows ???. I have sound btw but what are these all about?

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 18.54.10.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 18.52.04.png

Back