Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I have never filled out the Custom UUID or MLB fields. I followed P1LGRIM's guide from my first hackintosh and continue to do so today and have never had any issues.

Nowadays, I try to avoid using the "shikigva" boot arguments. They seem to get increasingly "hacky".

Wi-Fi module should not affect App Store. Systems without Wi-Fi cards are able to connect to App Store.

Check System Information > Network. Make sure that your motherboard ethernet is "en0".
Thanks for your reply.
Ethernet is on en0. It could even be a MacOs issue. I'm going to try and resent cache and preferences on appstore and see how it goes.

You haven't applied the NVRAM fix? Everything works A LOT better with NVRAM.
This is lazyness. I have to go through it once. The payoff I guess it's worth the effort.

This is lazyness. I have to go through it once. The payoff I guess it's worth the effort.

It's really a lot easier than it may seem. It should only take a few minutes. 100% worth the effort!!!!

Pastry,
I have experienced the same whitelist block on a Gigabyte board trying to use the Broadcom 94360CS2 in the factory MB slot with an adapter, using half of the stainless can (which is heat multiplier). I have just built an Asus Z370 I Rog Strix with a 9900T (es) and an Asus H370 I Wifi Rog Strix with an 8500T and both worked perfectly with the adapter, Wifi, and Bluetooth. Did you try the adapter, as I, and experienced nothing, no card recognition? I had the card recognized under Windows 10 on the Gigabyte build Z390 Aorus Wifi ITX but not under Mojave. Do you think there are issues with the Mac OS and a 9900T (es)? All cores (16) are recognized during verbose boot, but since the Firmware Processor Info is 0000 the about Mac display is 1.7 GHz Intel i7 which I believe is only cosmetically wrong. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Pastry,
I have experienced the same whitelist block on a Gigabyte board trying to use the Broadcom 94360CS2 in the factory MB slot with an adapter, using half of the stainless can (which is heat multiplier). I have just built an Asus Z370 I Rog Strix with a 9900T (es) and an Asus H370 N Wifi with an 8500T and both worked perfectly with the adapter, Wifi, and Bluetooth. Did you try the adapter, as I, and experienced nothing, no card recognition? I had the card recognized under Windows 10 on the Gigabyte build Z390 Aorus Wifi ITX but not under Mojave. Do you think there are isssues with the Mac OS and a 9900T (es)? All cores (16) are recognized during verbose boot, but since the Firmware Processor Info is 0000 the about Mac display is 1.7 GHz Intel i7 which I believe is only cosmetically wrong. Any thoughts?

Yes, the BCM94360CS2 should work with the Asus Z370-I and Asus H370 N.

You got the BCM94360CS2 recognized in Windows when it was installed in a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Wifi???

I used the BCM94360CS2 in an M.2 adaptor in my Asus Z370 motherboard and it works great. I tried the same on my Gigabyte Z390 and it just wasn't recognized anywhere.

The 9900T should work fine with macOS. What you see in About This Mac is cosmetic.

Btw, congratulations on finding a 9900T. Those things are tough to get! Is it an engineering sample?

Last edited:
I got so frustrated with the NVRAM issues that I actually switched to an ASUS PRIME Z370-A MK ii ... and this post, as well as other success stories with Z390 and NVRAM started popping up (just my luck). I'm seriously considering switching back to this board, and my core v21. Ty for the detailed post on this board, as well as the numerous replies to any number of my posts while I was trying to get this thing up, and running!

I got so frustrated with the NVRAM issues that I actually switched to an ASUS PRIME Z370-A MK ii ... and this post, as well as other success stories with Z390 and NVRAM started popping up (just my luck). I'm seriously considering switching back to this board, and my core v21. Ty for the detailed post on this board, as well as the numerous replies to any number of my posts while I was trying to get this thing up, and running!

I also gave up on my Z390 for a long time and I just had it running Windows. Then, the guys from acidanthera figured out how to get NVRAM working and I got to work...

I can say that the improved VRM of this motherboard over my Z370 motherboard is noticeable. While I can get 5GHz out of my 9900K on both motherboards, I can do it with much less voltage on this motherboard.

Please see last image of post #2 on this thread.

I've followed this guide and have everything working but I'm not getting anything out of my USB type C port, I really need this port to work as I have a type C hub that I use for multiple devices. I don't know much about SSDT's but am wandering if anyone else has had this happen. I used the attached EFI in the first post and don't know where to start from here. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS pastrychef for a great guide!

I've followed this guide and have everything working but I'm not getting anything out of my USB type C port, I really need this port to work as I have a type C hub that I use for multiple devices. I don't know much about SSDT's but am wandering if anyone else has had this happen. I used the attached EFI in the first post and don't know where to start from here. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS pastrychef for a great guide!

I don't have any issues with the USB type C port but you can try the following to see if it helps your situation...

Try the following:
  1. Delete SSDT-6-A M I (with power injection) from /EFI/ACPI/patched/.
  2. Download and unZip the attached file below.
  3. Copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  4. Reboot.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 55
Back