Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi @pastrychef, awesome guide! Thank you!

I have a machine with the same mobo. It was updated to Catalina by "accident". It was working flawlessly before now i can only boot in safe mode.

Now I get some kind of panic error (screen grab attached)

I updated Clover.
Updated BIOS to F9g.
Did the MSR unlock thing.

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is the only one I go further until the panic, all the others i get driver error/couldn't allocate runtime error at the beginning

I tried your EFI no luck, couldn't allocate run time error.

Any suggestions?
Thank you

Did you unlock MSR?

Attachments

• 20200222_164313.jpg
    20200222_164313.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Yes I did unlock it

Please try with IGPU disabled in BIOS and boot again with me EFI from post #1.

Remember, if you load any saved BIOS profiles, the MSR will be locked again. Therefore, if you need to make any changes to BIOS, do it manually and DO NOT load saved profiles.

Please try with IGPU disabled in BIOS and boot again with me EFI from post #1.

Remember, if you load any saved BIOS profiles, the MSR will be locked again. Therefore, if you need to make any changes to BIOS, do it manually and DO NOT load saved profiles.

It worked!!! I could've swear I tried your EFI with igpu disabled...anyway
thank you very much!! Really!! all the best you! ;)

It worked!!! I could've swear I tried your EFI with igpu disabled...anyway
thank you very much!! Really!! all the best you! ;)

Glad to help!

Please post your EFI and I will help you fix your USB.

Edit:
Just download the attached file, unZip it, and install to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Also, delete USBInjectAll.kext.
Hi pastrychef, thank a lot for such quick reply.

I did as you suggested, removed USBinjectAll.kext and added your .kext to proper folder - unfortunately no change.

Another symptom is: when I attach USB drive in port near port where my mouse BT USB receiver is plugged in - mouse is not responding or is lagging - definitely some USB issue affecting not only mentioned USB drive.

I'm sending my EFI Folder, and will really appreciate help solving my issue.
Also please point out what I did wrong (I assume I did something wrong, because we have same motherboards) :)

Regards
Hubert

Attachments

• EFI_hubertc_usbissue.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 67
Hi pastrychef, thank a lot for such quick reply.

I did as you suggested, removed USBinjectAll.kext and added your .kext to proper folder - unfortunately no change.

Another symptom is: when I attach USB drive in port near port where my mouse BT USB receiver is plugged in - mouse is not responding or is lagging - definitely some USB issue affecting not only mentioned USB drive.

I'm sending my EFI Folder, and will really appreciate help solving my issue.
Also please point out what I did wrong (I assume I did something wrong, because we have same motherboards) :)

Regards
Hubert

Oops. Forgot to tell you to disable the KextsToPatches...

Please try with this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.5 KB · Views: 72
Oops. Forgot to tell you to disable the KextsToPatches...

Please try with this config.plist.

Again: thanks for express reply!
There is a progress! Now USB drive attached to 3.1 port works, but other USB 3 ports not.
Also usb drive attached to USB-C is not working :(

Again: thanks for express reply!
There is a progress! Now USB drive attached to 3.1 port works, but other USB 3 ports not.
Also usb drive attached to USB-C is not working :(

Not possible. Please run the attached version of IORegistryExplorer, save the output and post here.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    265.8 KB · Views: 49

Attachments

• ioreg_hubc.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 55
Back