Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Added FAQs, Hints, and Tips to post #3.

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

Added FAQs, Hints, and Tips to post #3.

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.
24 hour update, everything working flawlessly have just passed the one hour mark without turning it off! also downloaded Final Cut Pro and that also works amazingly I'm also receiving calls and texts, email working very well, no signs of any issues!

Thank you again for all your help!

Last edited:
Not sure if this will fix it for you, but this is how you change the port from being "internal" to USB2.

1. Delete SSDT-6-A M I (with power injection) from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
  2. Add the attached USBPorts.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  3. Right-click USBPorts.kext and select "Show Package Contents".
  4. Navigate to /Contents/Info.plist.
  5. Right-click on Info.plist and select "Open With" > Plist Edit Pro or Xcode.
  6. Navigate to Root > IOKitPersonalities > iMacPro1,1-XHC > IOProvideMergeProperties > Ports > HS10.
  7. Change USBConnector from 255 to 0.
  8. Save.
Hello pastrychef!
I solved my problem with computer sleep in Mojave (Sleep Wake Cycling).
Wi-Fi + Bluetooth PCIEX1 device with AliExpress did not let the computer fall asleep.
USBPorts.kext did not help last time, so I replaced it with the full USBinjectAll.kext v1.73.
Added in EFI> CLOVER> ACPI> patched file SSDT_USB.aml, from the author jbarnette.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-jbarnettes-build-gigabyte-z390-m-gaming-i9-9900k-sapphire-rx-vega-64-8gb-32gb-ram-macos-10-14-3-w-usb3-working.273381/
In Clover Configurator, I added the line to the Kernel and Kext Patches section: "com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI - 83FB0F0F 83030500 00 - 83FB0F90 90909090 90 - Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext - 10.14.x".
In the Devices USB section, I added: Inject-on. HighCurrent-off in order not to accidentally burn anything with high voltage.

Attachments

• 1btuth.jpg
    1btuth.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 2btuth.jpg
    2btuth.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 118
Hello pastrychef!
I solved my problem with computer sleep in Mojave (Sleep Wake Cycling).
Wi-Fi + Bluetooth PCIEX1 device with AliExpress did not let the computer fall asleep.
USBPorts.kext did not help last time, so I replaced it with the full USBinjectAll.kext v1.73.
Added in EFI> CLOVER> ACPI> patched file SSDT_USB.aml, from the author jbarnette.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-jbarnettes-build-gigabyte-z390-m-gaming-i9-9900k-sapphire-rx-vega-64-8gb-32gb-ram-macos-10-14-3-w-usb3-working.273381/
In Clover Configurator, I added the line to the Kernel and Kext Patches section: "com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI - 83FB0F0F 83030500 00 - 83FB0F90 90909090 90 - Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext - 10.14.x".
In the Devices USB section, I added: Inject-on. HighCurrent-off in order not to accidentally burn anything with high voltage.

I've also had a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adaptor that prevented sleep in the past.

The KextsToPatches for the USB 15 port limit are considered a temporary fix and should be replaced by a more permanent 15 port limit fix.

Last edited:
Cool! Thanks!

I know that early versions of the Asus card only worked with a firmware flash from a very specific version of macOS. Even with the flash, KextsToPatches were needed. It's great to know that new versions work OOB.

Added to post #3.
Yeah I dont know I saw it was on sale and read that is was of the reference design "except for the big heatsink"
I put it in my hackintosh to test and it worked fine. I then used it in a actual MacPro for several months. Now I have it in this one 9900KF

@pastrychef I seem to have gone and done something stupid now. I went and updated my bios to the latest one cause I was going to try and unlock the MSR and switch over to OpenCore on the Asus motherboard. Well after updating I have check that everything I can think of is correct but I can't get either one of my 10.15.3 Partitions to boot.

They are 2 separate Clover systems I always have a backup when I do OS X update and I try it on the Vanilla Partition first and if all goes well I install on my production one. Well the BIOS seems to be not liking either.

Do you have any idea what this means. Both stop at the exact same thing. so it is something in the BIOS that changed that it is not liking. see any clue to what it could be?

IMG_4504.jpg

@pastrychef I seem to have gone and done something stupid now. I went and updated my bios to the latest one cause I was going to try and unlock the MSR and switch over to OpenCore on the Asus motherboard. Well after updating I have check that everything I can think of is correct but I can't get either one of my 10.15.3 Partitions to boot.

They are 2 separate Clover systems I always have a backup when I do OS X update and I try it on the Vanilla Partition first and if all goes well I install on my production one. Well the BIOS seems to be not liking either.

Do you have any idea what this means. Both stop at the exact same thing. so it is something in the BIOS that changed that it is not liking. see any clue to what it could be?

View attachment 450490

Please try clearing CMOS and re-doing BIOS settings with IGPU disabled.

Hello pastrychef
I'm trying to set up a graphics card, but it still shows "???". The video card works and passes the "Metal" test. Tell me, my problem is that I introduced SMBIOS iMacPro1 and there is no RX580 video card there? Please advise what to do. Change iMacPro to iMac19.1 or add another video card to the current AppleGraphicPowerManagement.kext, taking it from iMac19.1?
I tried the application AGPMinjector.
AGPMInjector/releases
Did not work. Everything remains "???".

Attachments

• About.jpg
    About.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IOreg.jpg
    IOreg.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 122
  • SystemReport.jpg
    SystemReport.jpg