Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I never really looked in to the regular Z390 M much... It looks like it has very, very weak VRM. I guess it depends on cost... If it's significantly less expensive than the Z390 M Gaming and you are positive you won't be overclocking, it may do. On the other hand, if the difference in price is small, I'd just go with the Z390 M Gaming. Better VRM keeps things cooler.

The GT 710 is really old and really slow. The IGPU of your i5-9400 will run circles around it. The only reason I see to using the GT 710 would be to avoid dealing with the IGPU connector patching or if you need the HDMI out.

Some motherboards have connector mapping that doesn't play nice with macOS. I don't know how many or exactly which motherboards this affects but the Z390 M Gaming is certainly not alone. Please see the following link for more information:

Thanks for info. Price difference between regular Z930M and Gaming variant is like $20 (at least at my retailer), so i'll go with gaming variant.

@pastrychef same for now...and I didn't have the Cover boot options. It went directly on the install.

IMG_4137.JPG

stuck again :( ... and now I need to find the clover boot to have the options to go in verbose mode for the screenshot

@pastrychef ok I got clover boot again from your EFI but can't find the verbose options anywhere..plz let me know

@pastrychef never mind found it :) ...sending verbose mode screenshot in a few min Thanks!

Please try the fixes in the following two threads:

Back