Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I've never seen that. But if you are using Clover, the default boot volume is not set using System Preferences > Startup Disk. It is set in config.plist.

switch to opencore. I have no idea what RC Scripts are ;)

Search around for the script to remove the RC scripts. I can't seem to find them...

If you already have macOS installed, just make sure you don't have any hackintosh kexts installed in /Library/Extensions/.
Also, uninstall/remove RC scripts if you installed it.

Then, just replace your EFI folder with mine. Remember to copy over your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.
thank you. it works. But I found 3 problems:

1) I have 3 external on-case USB: 3.0 - works, and 2 usb 2.0(works only one of them). It's not a big problem but prefer to get everything working. I guess it's because of

One port on F_USB1 motherboard header Enabled for Bluetooth.

but didn't check yet.

2) I can't do post-installation last step

2. Go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select your startup disk.

It doesn't allow to select my Mackintosh disk

Code:
You can’t change the startup disk to the selected disk.

The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk.

look at 1.png

But when I try to select another disk with Windows it's not problem. 2.png

I don't think it's big problem too. When I select windows and restart it simply check windows disk by default in clover menu and nothing more. So it shouldn't lead to problems. Am I right?

2.1) I googled some solution for 2 and found tip to clear nvram in single user mode using `sudo nvram -c`. But it doesn't work for me:

Code:
nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted

3) monitor doesn't wake up after Sleep. I tried to double click, tried press case power button - nothing works. Monitor start to work only when I press on monitor back button. System loads: it's possible to enter password and start using system but I can't see it - I know it because I possible to enter password and enter keys with keyboard.

I guess it's HDMI problem or problem with BIOS settings and monitor had been working with my previous build.

Thx

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    379.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.png
    2.png
    377.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Search around for the script to remove the RC scripts. I can't seem to find them...
Weirdly enough even with this error message the Boot Volume got changed

I have another bigger Problem with my RX570, whenever I play World of Warcraft the Hackintosh goes Black and the fans going full blast. It seems like the Fan Control for the Graphics card is not working, because under windows it never happens and I can hear the fans speeding up, but under Mac OS its all the time silent and not speeding up while the Temp is rising... I already changed my PSU because I thought it has not enough power delivery, but it seems not the case... is there any way to modify the Fan Speed of the RX570 to prevent that from happening?

thank you. it works. But I found 3 problems:

1) I have 3 external on-case USB: 3.0 - works, and 2 usb 2.0(works only one of them). It's not a big problem but prefer to get everything working. I guess it's because of

but didn't check yet.

2) I can't do post-installation last step

It doesn't allow to select my Mackintosh disk

Code:
You can’t change the startup disk to the selected disk.

The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk.

look at 1.png

But when I try to select another disk with Windows it's not problem. 2.png

I don't think it's big problem too. When I select windows and restart it simply check windows disk by default in clover menu and nothing more. So it shouldn't lead to problems. Am I right?

2.1) I googled some solution for 2 and found tip to clear nvram in single user mode using `sudo nvram -c`. But it doesn't work for me:

Code:
nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted

3) monitor doesn't wake up after Sleep. I tried to double click, tried press case power button - nothing works. Monitor start to work only when I press on monitor back button. System loads: it's possible to enter password and start using system but I can't see it - I know it because I possible to enter password and enter keys with keyboard.

I guess it's HDMI problem or problem with BIOS settings and monitor had been working with my previous build.

Thx

You can clear NVRAM at the Clover boot menu by pressing F11.
You can clear NVRAM at the OpenCore boot menu by scrolling to the last option.

If you want to change the USB configuration, you will have to configure it yourself. Please see the following guid:

The monitor issue sounds like one of the many issues with using HDMI for macOS. I recommend trying to avoid HDMI if you have any other choices. Based on reports I've read, HDMI is even worse on macOS 10.15.4 than previous versions of macOS.

Weirdly enough even with this error message the Boot Volume got changed

I have another bigger Problem with my RX570, whenever I play World of Warcraft the Hackintosh goes Black and the fans going full blast. It seems like the Fan Control for the Graphics card is not working, because under windows it never happens and I can hear the fans speeding up, but under Mac OS its all the time silent and not speeding up while the Temp is rising... I already changed my PSU because I thought it has not enough power delivery, but it seems not the case... is there any way to modify the Fan Speed of the RX570 to prevent that from happening?

I don't know of any way to change the fan behavior of RX 570 cards.

Hello, I'm having these strange messages during boot, before getting the clover menu.
Haven't notice that before. Any idea?

1585483023126.png

It seems it started after I included these drives into clover folder:
AppleGenericInput
AppleUISupport

Maybe some config missing? I haven't found anything in other threads...

Back