CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So if I wanna change between iMac Pro to iMac 19,1 is there any problem?
you may have to sign out of icloud services, create new serials etc for your new definition

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi there -
A couple of years ago I built my second Hackintosh using the same hardware as pastrychef specifies in this thread, and I followed his guide in the first couple of posts. Thanks to this and his excellent advice, I've had a rock solid system. (Well, apart from the fact it restarts when I shut down. But I never really shutdown so I can live with it!)

I've had no reason to do any software upgrades in the past - I'm still on Catalina - and that's been fine for me. But recently some software I need to use wants a newer system. So it looks like it's time to upgrade my OS.

I'm still using Clover, and I understand that I need to migrate across to OpenCore if I want to upgrade to Ventura. As an experiment, I decided to give OpenCore a go yesterday. I downloaded the latest OpenCore EFI from the first post in the thread.
Using PowerTree I added my:
MAC address (but took out the : in the between the characters)
Clover Serial Number
Clover Board Serial Number
Clover SmUUID

Before I did anything drastic to my system, I put the edited EFI on a USB to boot from that first. After I boot from USB, I get to a screen where I can select EFI or NVRAM. I select EFI and then just get a black screen.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I'm currently on Catalina 10.15.7

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there -
A couple of years ago I built my second Hackintosh using the same hardware as pastrychef specifies in this thread and I followed his guide in the first couple of posts. Thanks to this and his excellent advice, I've had a rock solid system (well, apart from the fact it restarts when I shut down, but I never really shutdown so I can live with it!).

I've had no reason to do any software upgrades in the past - I'm still on Catalina - and that's been fine for me. But recently some software I need to use wants a newer system, so it looks like it's time to upgrade my OS.

I'm still using Clover, and I understand that I need to migrate across to OpenCore if I want to upgrade to Ventura. As an experiment I decided to give OpenCore a go yesterday so I downloaded the latest OpenCore EFI from the first post in the thread.
Using PowerTree I added my:
MAC address (but took out the : in the between the characters)
Clover Serial Number
Clover Board Serial Number
Clover SmUUID

Before I did anything drastic to my system, I put the edited EFI on a USB to boot from that first. After I boot from USB, I get to a screen where I can select EFI or NVRAM. I select EFI and then just get a black screen.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I'm currently on Catalina 10.15.7

Please see post #5234 and implement the same changes to your config.plist and try again.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Thank you - I just tried it, and it appears to be working great! I had the option to select the Catalina drive and everything appears to be working.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but does this mean that I can replace the Clover EFI with the OpenCore EFI on my internal EFI partition, and it should boot using OpenCore from now on?

If that works, then I should be OK to update to Ventura?

Thanks again.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you - I just tried it, and it appears to be working great! I had the option to select the Catalina drive and everything appears to be working.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but does this mean that I can replace the Clover EFI with the OpenCore EFI on my internal EFI partition, and it should boot using OpenCore from now on?

If that works, then I should be OK to update to Ventura?

Thanks again.

Yes. If everything is working, you can replace your current EFI and update to Ventura as you would on any real Mac.

*I would still make a backup of your existing EFI, just in case...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
So I've just upgraded to Ventura, and the install was fine, but the bluetooth doesn't seem to be working. I use a IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter plugged into a USB port for bluetooth, which worked fine on Catalina, but doesn't seem to be working now. When I go to Bluetooth setting I can't toggle Bluetooth on.

Do you know why that might be?

Otherwise it's been a very smooth upgrade - thank you!

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've just upgraded to Ventura, and the install was fine, but the bluetooth doesn't seem to be working. I use a IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter plugged into a USB port for bluetooth, which worked fine on Catalina, but doesn't seem to be working now. When I go to Bluetooth setting I can't toggle Bluetooth on.

Do you know why that might be?

Otherwise it's been a very smooth upgrade - thank you!

The Bluetooth stack was changed in Monterey. The Bluetooth on Apple made Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards continue to work but many (all?) dongles will now need additional kexts.

Please see:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Ah ok thanks.

I'm now having issues opening ProperTree. It worked fine on Catalina but now nothing happens when I double click on the icon, right-click and select open, or when I download again and tell OSX to to ignore the fact it came from the internet. Do you know why this would be? All other programs seem to be working.

It also feels like the system is running slower than usual when accessing hard drives.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ah ok thanks.

I'm now having issues opening ProperTree. It worked fine on Catalina but now nothing happens when I double click on the icon, right-click and select open, or when I download again and tell OSX to to ignore the fact it came from the internet. Do you know why this would be? All other programs seem to be working.

It also feels like the system is running slower than usual when accessing hard drives.

Not sure why ProperTree isn't working... Is it in your Applications folder?