Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thanks for your time.
Clover Configurator 5.22.0.0 (btw i'm on Clover v5147), re-done all the same path, nothing new, same error message :(

I read about this error happening when trying to install on third party drives, couldn't that also be my problem ?
My SSD is a Western Digital... WDS100T2B0C M.2 1TB

No, I don't think the SSD is the problem.

The message you get is telling you it needs to update the firmware on your iMacPro1,1. Updating the SMBIOS info in your config.plist should trick it in to believing your firmware has been updated but, apparently, it's not working...

I don't know what else to try.

Okay I will try that, I’m away from home for a few days, I’ll get back to you.
Can you just confirm to me that all I have to do is select a Mac model from the arrows list and click save in the bottom left corner, right ?

all I have to do is select a Mac model from the arrows list and click save in the bottom left corner, right ?
Yes, try iMac19,1 as the USB ports kext should also work with that. No changes necessary.

Oh yes, last question, I haven’t done this every try :
Should I reboot after changing clover settings, and before lauching monterey install ?

Should I reboot after changing clover settings, and before lauching monterey install ?
Yes, do that. The changes you make to the config.plist don't take effect till after a reboot.

Last edited:
Hello,

So, I tried that SMBIOS conf (iMac19,1), nothing new.. I have an exFAT partition on the drive I'm trying to install Monterey on, could that be a problem ? idk what to look for I'm stuck...

Hello,

So, I tried that SMBIOS conf (iMac19,1), nothing new.. I have an exFAT partition on the drive I'm trying to install Monterey on, could that be a problem ? idk what to look for I'm stuck...

Yeah. That's not going to work. Monterey can only be installed on APFS.

I meant I have both, APFS is 80% of my drive, where my Catalina install is atm

It should install fine on the APFS partition. Try OpenCore.

Back