Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Good Morning. I installed the Gigabyte 5600XT and added apdpmod=pikera to the boot-arg. Then I get a blank screen after the apple logo. Is there any change I need to make to the config.plist?
Its agdpmod=pikera, not apdpmod=pikera

I merged pastrychef's opencore 0.7.6 config files with my older ones. Installed the files and it worked! After that i updated to MacOS Montery via the appstore. It worked, again :)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-09 um 14.15.01.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-09 um 14.15.01.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Yes, as noted, I was able to boot successfully(with visual) once I switched from HMDI to Display Port. Did you have any luck with the USB-C port on the motherboard? It doesn't appear to work.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 4.10.47 PM.png

Yes, as noted, I was able to boot successfully(with visual) once I switched from HMDI to Display Port. Did you have any luck with the USB-C port on the motherboard? It doesn't appear to work.

View attachment 538898

The type C ports work with USB 3 and USB 3.1 gen 2 devices. They will not work with USB 2 devices.

Good Morning. I installed the Gigabyte 5600XT and added apdpmod=pikera to the boot-arg. Then I get a blank screen after the apple logo. Is there any change I need to make to the config.plist?
Remove.

@pastrychef
Happy New Year!
Q for ya:
I've brought home my work's Radeon VII, but after applying the Radeon speed boost aml and kext, the performance jump is only 10k points in GB5... whereas, on my z390 Designare board at work, it goes from about 55k to 100k. I know the documentation doesn't specifically include THIS 390M board as compatible, but can you think of something to try? I'm thinking it would have something to do with the device address... gotta dig out my search engines to remember how to check that...
TIA,
J

@pastrychef
Happy New Year!
Q for ya:
I've brought home my work's Radeon VII, but after applying the Radeon speed boost aml and kext, the performance jump is only 10k points in GB5... whereas, on my z390 Designare board at work, it goes from about 55k to 100k. I know the documentation doesn't specifically include THIS 390M board as compatible, but can you think of something to try? I'm thinking it would have something to do with the device address... gotta dig out my search engines to remember how to check that...
TIA,
J

Which Radeon speed boost aml and kexts are you speaking of?

If the files work for your other motherboard, there's no reason why it won't work for this one.

Sometimes when running Geekbench, continuously moving the mouse will help scores. I don't know why.

Which Radeon speed boost aml and kexts are you speaking of?

If the files work for your other motherboard, there's no reason why it won't work for this one.

Sometimes when running Geekbench, continuously moving the mouse will help scores. I don't know why.
@SmackAttack -- It might also the the operating system? With Big Sur and Monterey, Apple did something to block the ability of these hacks to work. They only work in Catalina.

@SmackAttack -- It might also the the operating system? With Big Sur and Monterey, Apple did something to block the ability of these hacks to work. They only work in Catalina.
Oh geez... this is on Big Sur here (Catalina at work).

@pastrychef I'm using RadeonBoost-v1.kext (v 1.4) and SSDT-Z390-Radeon7-Slot-1.aml (both from the CaseyJ z390 thread).

Thanks all for any and all help!
J

Oh geez... this is on Big Sur here (Catalina at work).

@pastrychef I'm using RadeonBoost-v1.kext (v 1.4) and SSDT-Z390-Radeon7-Slot-1.aml (both from the CaseyJ z390 thread).

Thanks all for any and all help!
J
@SmackAttack -- I think that explains it! The RadeonBoost kext only works in Catalina. After I moved to Big Sur, I "solved" the problem by getting a 6900XT :( . The rumor was that the kext or SSDT would only boost the Geekbench scores anyway. For real world use, I don't think they improved performance by two-fold or so.

Back