Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello, I have a problem when starting I have this displayed I am on the last opencoreView attachment 535209

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.23.01 PM.png

it's already done but it doesn't change anything ...
IMG_5867.jpeg

I tested, it didn't change ... in addition impossible to boot from open core to launch windows 11 force to do f12 in the
bios ...

I had less problem since clover

I tested, it didn't change ... in addition impossible to boot from open core to launch windows 11 force to do f12 in the
bios ...

I had less problem since clover

I don't know why you are getting that message. I don't see it.

I've always booted Windows from the BIOS boot menu. I don't test Windows compatibility with either OpenCore or Clover.

@dede45100 : I usually get that kind of message when there is some stray code in the config.plist file. Maybe if you post your config.plist (with your SN and BIOS information wiped) we can find it.

Here is dede45100's config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    41.6 KB · Views: 37
Here is dede45100's config.plist.
@dede45100 : Hmm .... it looks like UIScale is introduced in the latest 0.7.6 beta. Are you using a 0.7.6 config.plist with OC 0.75?

If not, maybe revert back to 0.7.5 and wait until 0.7.6 gets released in a couple weeks before playing with this switch.

I use the pastrychef file, 0.7.5, I do not see too much or the problem concerning a bad parameterization of the serial number? uuid? mac?

and concerning my problem of dual boot with windows 11 nobody has a solution?

thanks again

I use the pastrychef file, 0.7.5, I do not see too much or the problem concerning a bad parameterization of the serial number? uuid? mac?

and concerning my problem of dual boot with windows 11 nobody has a solution?

thanks agai

I think that's the problem -- you probably used OpenCore Configurator and didn't set the preferences to edit a 0.7.5 config.plist file. OCC is probably set to edit a 0.7.6 file and it probably introduced the UIScale parameter into the config.plist. When you put this into the OC 0.7.5 EFI and booted, OpenCore 0.7.5 is probably asking "what the heck is UIScale?!"

I would pull up a fresh copy of PC's 0.7.5 config.plist, then make sure if you use OCC, that it is set to edit an 0.7.5 file. You can set this in the Preferences I believe (I use a plist editor...OCC has messed up my config.plist in the past and I don't trust it anymore).

With dual boot, I haven't played around with Win 11. I just need a weekend to sit down and install it. But here is a great tutorial by @miliuco that I am planning on following.

Back