Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello.
I'm using your OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI, only adjusted info on plist.
System boots perfectly, iMessage and all working.
But.... at "opencore boot menu" my USB keyboard won't work. Mouse also won't work.
If I boot from an external USB Drive with an older EFI USB works.
Any advice?

Also: any way to use Apple Bluetooth Keyboard the BIOS?

Hello.
But.... at "opencore boot menu" my USB keyboard won't work. Mouse also won't work.
Any advice?

Is your usb keyboard plugged into a port that has usb 2 port assignments disabled? IOW, what happens if you plug your keyboard into one of the ports next to the PS2 socket?

Hello.
Any advice?

Where is your USB keyboard plugged in?

I don't use a Bluetooth keyboard anymore but it should work in BIOS if it has already been paired in macOS. My Magic Mouse 2 works fine in BIOS.

My understanding is limited and I'd say it's not a performance benefit but a requirement for proper functioning with particular applications (devices); specifically for those with Antelope Audio devices, certain Thunderbolt devices, wifi/ethernet devices, or, in my case, certain PCIe devices that seem to need it to function properly. There's also mention that OC 0.7.3+ may prefer to have AppleVTD functional going forward.

@SmackAttack - Confirmed working on the Z390 Gaming X motherboard. I have no idea what AppleVTD is doing, but if it is one inch closer to a real Mac, then I'm all for it!

Thank you again.

OpenCore EFI updated to version 0.7.4.

All kexts updated to latest release versions.
Made appropriate additions to enable AppleVTD. (make sure VT-d is enabled in BIOS)

This will likely be the minimum version of OpenCore we will need if we want to update to Monterey.

Remember to test the new EFI on a USB flash drive before deleing your existing/working EFI.

@pastrychef, the standard DMAR table deletion is disabled in your 0.7.4 config.plist...

Capture d’écran 2021-10-05 à 18.46.08.png

I took a look at your EFI. In the SSDT-Z390-RP05-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml you reference a external object:
Code:
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments
But I miss the method. I have a SSDT-DTPG.aml in my EFI to get this function to work.

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 39

Made appropriate additions to enable AppleVTD. (make sure VT-d is enabled in BIOS)

This will likely be the minimum version of OpenCore we will need if we want to update to Monterey.

Remember to test the new EFI on a USB flash drive before deleing your existing/working EFI.
Worked great on my end @pastrychef but I'd like to remind those (like me) still on Catalina, that you'll need to change the MinDate/MinVersion in UEFI/APFS to "ANY" in order to boot into OC.

Also, it's still best to reset NVRAM in the OC menu for the first boot, right?

I updated to 0.7.4 but then my Windows 10 boot would not launch. I would either get a blank screen or a message from Windows saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" but nothing would happen. I'd have to hard reboot. Booting directly from BIOS menu to Windows worked fine.

I downgraded back to 0.7.3 and Windows boot again worked fine.

Comparing the 0.7.3 config.plist to 0.7.4 and trial and error I found that if I removed SSDT-DMAR.aml and the corresponding delete then the boot to Windows worked fine BUT when launching into MacOS networking did not work. No ethernet, wifi or bluetooth. I put DMAR back in and network works again but Windows boot broken again.

Back to 0.7.3 for now but any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Back