Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yes i have a Vega 56, i have nothing on Deviceproperties for Vega, i have try to remove PCI Bridge line on DeviceProperties but same error
What PCI-e cards do you have installed. The panic mentions a problem with PCI bridge... This may be due to the Vega 56 which I know uses a PCI bridge...

Do you have config.plist > DeviceProperties for your Vega? Maybe try deleting it.

Yes i have a Vega 56, i have nothing on Deviceproperties for Vega, i have try to remove PCI Bridge line on DeviceProperties but same error

Look in Hackintool > PCI and look for the PCI bridges under "subclass". Make note of the "Device Paths".

Delete all those paths in your config.plist > DeviceProperties.

If that doesn't help, I don't know what else can cause your panics. Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 6.20.58 AM.png

Pastrychef,

System built and functional (although not fully tested), so thank you so much!
I couldn't get BT working until I swapped usb port assignments from 10 to 9, then I realized that I probably just flipped the header plug ('cuz there's only two wires from the BCM card), so I'll probably swap that back and reassign the usb kext but 6-and-1 of course.

One issue;
My titan ridge rev 2.0 card is driving my LG 5k Ultrafine great, but it DOES NOT seem to like my Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4k... it sees it, but it crashes all applications when you actually try to use it. I also removed the LG 5k and tried the Ultrastudio solo and got the same result. I've double-checked the Ultrastudio is in perfect order by connecting it to a Designare system using the onboard thunderbolt and it works no problem. The same crashing of apps happens in Windows 10 (fresh install for this build as well), even 'tho Windows sees it in the Thunderbolt utility no problem. I was wondering if I need to assign usb ports 11&12 for the Titan Ridge card 'coz why else would it if it also needs the full USB header, the TB header AND PSU power? (obviously need to lose two other usb port assignments to do this) but that wouldn't explain why the same crashing happens in Windows, right?

I'm going to test a tiny Blackmagic Studio mini (which, if you're not familiar, is their tiny little breakout puck instead of the big boy Ultrastudio), and I'm also going to test an Ultrastudio PCI-e card in an Akitio thunderbolt chassis, and report back. All of these mentioned components are thunderbolt 2, so I'm having to use an apple TB 3 to 2 adapter -- again, that adapter works on said devices with the onboard thunderbolt on the Desginare board. I also tried removing the hotplug aml, and a few bios combinations (such as CSM on-legacy, etc.).

I guess the question is, might you have any insight as to why I could have this issue using the Titan Ridge AIC vs the onboard on a Designare? Seems like it's purely a Titan-ridge compatibility issue as it shows the same result in Windows. I wonder if it just doesn't like the 3->2 adapter on the AIC?

Lastly, I haven't had time to read through this entire thread (yet) but I'm wondering if you could post your overclock settings. This build is not overclocked yet but I'm already a little hot given I built it in my BitFenix Prodigy M case and I haven't nailed down the best fan orientation yet.

Here's my specs:
SMBIOS iMacPro1,1
i9-9900kf not overclocked
Noctua nh-15s cooler
MSI RX 570 Armor OC 8gb (unfortunately)
Titan Ridge rev 2 in slot 4
BCM PCI-e combo card on slot 3
Opencore 7.2
Very latest Catalina 10.15.7
Samsung 970 M2 in m2Q slot
64GB (16x4) Crucial

Other than the Titan Ridge Blackmagic thing, I'm golden.

Thanks for your time and support,
j

I'm not in front of the machine, so I can't post my EFI yet, but it's yours minus the deactivated stuff previously cleaned up/out and of course my own SMBIOS info.

Pastrychef,

System built and functional (although not fully tested), so thank you so much!
I couldn't get BT working until I swapped usb port assignments from 10 to 9, then I realized that I probably just flipped the header plug ('cuz there's only two wires from the BCM card), so I'll probably swap that back and reassign the usb kext but 6-and-1 of course.

One issue;
My titan ridge rev 2.0 card is driving my LG 5k Ultrafine great, but it DOES NOT seem to like my Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4k... it sees it, but it crashes all applications when you actually try to use it. I also removed the LG 5k and tried the Ultrastudio solo and got the same result. I've double-checked the Ultrastudio is in perfect order by connecting it to a Designare system using the onboard thunderbolt and it works no problem. The same crashing of apps happens in Windows 10 (fresh install for this build as well), even 'tho Windows sees it in the Thunderbolt utility no problem. I was wondering if I need to assign usb ports 11&12 for the Titan Ridge card 'coz why else would it if it also needs the full USB header, the TB header AND PSU power? (obviously need to lose two other usb port assignments to do this) but that wouldn't explain why the same crashing happens in Windows, right?

I'm going to test a tiny Blackmagic Studio mini (which, if you're not familiar, is their tiny little breakout puck instead of the big boy Ultrastudio), and I'm also going to test an Ultrastudio PCI-e card in an Akitio thunderbolt chassis, and report back. All of these mentioned components are thunderbolt 2, so I'm having to use an apple TB 3 to 2 adapter -- again, that adapter works on said devices with the onboard thunderbolt on the Desginare board. I also tried removing the hotplug aml, and a few bios combinations (such as CSM on-legacy, etc.).

I guess the question is, might you have any insight as to why I could have this issue using the Titan Ridge AIC vs the onboard on a Designare? Seems like it's purely a Titan-ridge compatibility issue as it shows the same result in Windows. I wonder if it just doesn't like the 3->2 adapter on the AIC?

Lastly, I haven't had time to read through this entire thread (yet) but I'm wondering if you could post your overclock settings. This build is not overclocked yet but I'm already a little hot given I built it in my BitFenix Prodigy M case and I haven't nailed down the best fan orientation yet.

Here's my specs:
SMBIOS iMacPro1,1
i9-9900kf not overclocked
Noctua nh-15s cooler
MSI RX 570 Armor OC 8gb (unfortunately)
Titan Ridge rev 2 in slot 4
BCM PCI-e combo card on slot 3
Opencore 7.2
Very latest Catalina 10.15.7
Samsung 970 M2 in m2Q slot
64GB (16x4) Crucial

Other than the Titan Ridge Blackmagic thing, I'm golden.

Thanks for your time and support,
j

I'm not in front of the machine, so I can't post my EFI yet, but it's yours minus the deactivated stuff previously cleaned up/out and of course my own SMBIOS info.

My experiences with the Thunderbolt are limited, at best. The only Thunderbolt device I had to test was a 10GBase-T to Thunderbolt adaptor. I have read that flashing custom firmware to the Thunderbolt card was necessary for it to function with the Apple Thunderbolt Display. Maybe the same is true for your monitor.

My CPU overclock settings are:
50 CPU Ratio
0 AVX Offset
47 Ring Ratio
1.290v CPU vCore
LLC High

My experiences with the Thunderbolt are limited, at best. The only Thunderbolt device I had to test was a 10GBase-T to Thunderbolt adaptor. I have read that flashing custom firmware to the Thunderbolt card was necessary for it to function with the Apple Thunderbolt Display. Maybe the same is true for your monitor.

My CPU overclock settings are:
50 CPU Ratio
0 AVX Offset
47 Ring Ratio
1.290v CPU vCore
LLC High
Copy that OC info, but my monitor is a-okay... it's the thunderbolt Blackmagic devices that aren't functioning with the Titan Ridge AIC, yet they function fine with on-board Designare TB. I considered flashing the TR AIC, but considering the problem is in Windows as well, I don't think that will help (and will kill any hope of getting it to work in Windows). Perhaps I need to do the unthinkable and actually call tech support at Gigabyte...
J

Copy that OC info, but my monitor is a-okay... it's the thunderbolt Blackmagic devices that aren't functioning with the Titan Ridge AIC, yet they function fine with on-board Designare TB. I considered flashing the TR AIC, but considering the problem is in Windows as well, I don't think that will help (and will kill any hope of getting it to work in Windows). Perhaps I need to do the unthinkable and actually call tech support at Gigabyte...
J

Yes. Make sure it works in Windows before trying to get it to work in macOS.

Yes. Make sure it works in Windows before trying to get it to work in macOS.
Okay, final question:
The TR card comes with TWO TB Header cables... obviously on this board, one should use the 5-pin only, right? Can't imagine where in the world one could ALSO plug in the 3-pin.

Okay, final question:
The TR card comes with TWO TB Header cables... obviously on this board, one should use the 5-pin only, right? Can't imagine where in the world one could ALSO plug in the 3-pin.

I only connected the 5 pin and USB cables.

I am trying to install Big Sur on one of my internal drives. I am running Mojave at the moment. When I run the Big Sur installer, I set it to install on my other SSD drive. It gets to the point where it reboots and shows the Apple logo, but, after a while, it stops counting down the time and just sits there at 22 minutes remaining for hours. Anyone have any idea how to debug? I have tried it a couple times and seems to hang every time at the same point. How long should this normally take to install on a clean drive?

I am trying to install Big Sur on one of my internal drives. I am running Mojave at the moment. When I run the Big Sur installer, I set it to install on my other SSD drive. It gets to the point where it reboots and shows the Apple logo, but, after a while, it stops counting down the time and just sits there at 22 minutes remaining for hours. Anyone have any idea how to debug? I have tried it a couple times and seems to hang every time at the same point. How long should this normally take to install on a clean drive?

Should not take that long.

Add "-v" to boot arguments and see where it stops.

Back