- May 29, 2013
- Mac Studio - Mac13,1
- M1 Max
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Hey @pastrychef! First things first, loving my Hackintosh after you helped me get it running nearly a year ago on this forum. Have had zero issues until recently when the lovely software utility started pinging me to update to Big Sur. Up until now I've simply ignored it, however I've become curious and interested enough to give it a shot.
I tried to do a quick search of this thread for where to pick up the conversation, but it didn't limit the search to just this thread...do you recall which page I should jump to so that I can start reading through on my own? If not I'll keep poking around and see if I can't find when the conversation jumped to upgrading Catalina > Big Sur.
Thanks for your work and subsequent help!
Updating to the latest version of macOS is simple...
- Download the latest EFI (choose either Clover or OpenCore) from post #1.
- Copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address (if you are using OpenCore) from your old config.plist to the config.plist included in the new EFI.
- Put the new EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
- Reboot from the new EFI on the USB flash drive.
- If all is working fine, you can go ahead and replace the EFI on your main system drive and update to the latest macOS.