Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thanks @pastrychef . Just one more question: the 3 pin cable where should be connected in the board?

Attachments

• 16053159681595056496726106433375.jpg
    16053159681595056496726106433375.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 30
I don't think it's related to WhateverGreen. I just disabled it and I still need multiple mouse clicks to wake the monitor.
@pastrychef:

This is what I came across in the Dortania guide with the 2x keyboard presses to wake the Hack from sleep. I was trying to troubleshoot the sleep issues I was having a few Big Sur betas ago (which went away after the next beta release).

I hope it's useful

It looks like the 3-pin-cable is not needed in this board. It's working well! But I changed the place for the wifi/bluetooth adapter, so the problem now is I'm getting a bluetooth not available ... @pastrychef do you know how is possible to fix this?
Solved with this guide:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 9.55.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 9.55.45 PM.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
@pastrychef:

This is what I came across in the Dortania guide with the 2x keyboard presses to wake the Hack from sleep. I was trying to troubleshoot the sleep issues I was having a few Big Sur betas ago (which went away after the next beta release).

I hope it's useful

Woohoo! You're awesome!

I tried method 1 from the link and it didn't work for me, but method 2 worked great!

Thanks!!

Updated OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI to v2.

Enabled DisableIoMapper.
Added fix to allow system to wake with single mouse click.

Woohoo! You're awesome!

I tried method 1 from the link and it didn't work for me, but method 2 worked great!

Thanks!!

I'm glad I had something useful to share with you! It's been like a one way street from you to everyone else so far!

Although ... I would love to implement this fix myself, but my eyes glaze over when it talks about compiling things on my own. Do you have a step by step guide, similar to your guide on using grub to unlock the CFG? If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. Two button presses aren't a big deal for me...

I'm glad I had something useful to share with you! It's been like a one way street from you to everyone else so far!

Although ... I would love to implement this fix myself, but my eyes glaze over when it talks about compiling things on my own. Do you have a step by step guide, similar to your guide on using grub to unlock the CFG? If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. Two button presses aren't a big deal for me...

The easy way is just download my OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI and grab the SSDT and kext and add it to your EFI. It should work OOB.

The default ACPI path should work for your motherboard, same as mine. Therefore, nothing to change in the code itself.

You can confirm by looking in IORegistryExplorer and compare with the .dsl file... Below, you can see in IORegistryExplorer shows /_SB/PCI0@0/XHC which is the same as \_SB.PCI0.XHC in MaciASL.
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 11.30.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 11.31.40 PM.png

If you want to compile the .dsl file yourself, it's easy.
  1. Open the .dsl file in MaciASL.
  2. Go to the menu bar, click File and select Save As.
  3. In the window that pops open, select File Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary and click save.
  4. Done.

I can confirm that DRM is working. I just watched Gemini Man from beginning to end on Amazon Prime...
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.50.12 AM.jpg

Back