- Mar 26, 2020
- Gigabyte Z390 m gaming
- RX 580
Hi pastrychef, I've tried the EFI folder you posted on #1,360 but I'm stuck during boot. the screen goes black after the loader under the apple logo goes halfway (more or less)
I've followed this guide for my bios settings: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...32gb-ram-macos-10-14-3-w-usb3-working.273381/
It's my first time posting so I'll add this just in case...
- gigabyte z390m gaming (bios F7)
- intel i5 9600k
- Asus 1050 ti (that works fine with another ssd that's working with the latest version of High Sierra but, for obvious reasons, I wish to block it from this ssd where I'm trying to install catalina 15.7.02)
If I'm missing any info I can provide, please let me know
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ok forgot to mention this also: I'd tried with that argument added (no luck) and my last try was without the 1050ti altogether.Try adding the boot argument "-wegnoegpu" to block the 1050 Ti.
Ok forgot to mention this also: I'd tried with that argument added (no luck) and my last try was without the 1050ti altogether.
Still no luck.
EDIT: I'll explain what I've done so far.
- create bootable drive with latest Unibeast.
- on my first boot attempt, I got the prohibited sign right after selecting the install option on clover.
- so I came on here and tried the EFI folder I mentioned earlier from your post #1360, replacing the default EFI.
Again, thanks for the help, anything else I should provide?
Ok. I've just tried booting with the config.plist from post #1360 (as I'm trying to install catalina 15.7.02).If you are installing Catalina 10.15.2, use the config.plist from post #4.
If you are installing Catalina 10.15.5+, use the config.plist from post #1360.
Ok. I've just tried booting with the config.plist from post #1360 (as I'm trying to install catalina 15.7.02).
I just get a prohibited sign again, right after selecting the install option on clover bootloader.
I'm assuming you meant to replace JUST the config.plist in the default EFI folder that's created with unibeast.
Because I'd already tried replacing the whole EFI folder with the one from post #1360, which got me further but the screen goes black when the load bar goes past halfway