Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

You can just open your old config.plist with a plist editor and copy the entire SMBIOS section. Then, just replace what is in the new config.plist.

There's nothing that should be affecting FCPX performance. There are no IGPU configurations in either the Clover or OpenCore EFIs. IGPU is auto detected.
Thanks Chef, I tried doing this and the problem still persists on clover 5126.

For OC the Smbios section looks much different from clover, so I didn’t try to add anything else other than what I had already done: the main 4 items you said to populate in the readme and also the boardid and iMac19,1. I did swap out your usbports and remove radeonboost kexts and then OC snapshot in propertree, which I think is how it should be done but I’m just now learning OC.

Thanks for taking a look! If you don’t have another suggestion, I think I’ll stick with clover 5120 for now and hope for the best in some future updates.

(To briefly describe the issue: when editing in FCPX, the time needle jumps around after hitting play (whereas on 5120 it’s smooth), and clicking on timeline to change playback location is much laggier with longer waits and more spinning beachballs, both on clover 5126 and OC 0.6.2 - those two perform seemingly identically, both worse than 5120)

For OC the Smbios section looks much different from clover, so I didn’t try to add anything else other than what I had already done: the main 4 items you said to populate in the readme and also the boardid and iMac19,1. I did swap out your usbports and remove radeonboost kexts and then OC snapshot in propertree, which I think is how it should be done but I’m just now learning OC.

Thanks for taking a look! If you don’t have another suggestion, I think I’ll stick with clover 5120 for now and hope for the best in some future updates.

(To briefly describe the issue: when editing in FCPX, the time needle jumps around after hitting play (whereas on 5120 it’s smooth), and clicking on timeline to change playback location is much laggier with longer waits and more spinning beachballs, both on clover 5126 and OC 0.6.2 - those two perform seemingly identically, both worse than 5120)

After switching to PC’s EFI’s, I never got the prohibited sign. As long as you’ve disabled the CPG lock, it should work.

Before PC’s EFI, I was getting the sign occasionally. What I found that really helped was to patch the framebuffer. Have you tried this?

Don't try to stick Clover properties in to OpenCore and vice versa.

If/when you remove kexts in OpenCore, remember to delete them from config.plist > Kernel > Add as well.

Don't try to stick Clover properties in to OpenCore and vice versa.

If/when you remove kexts in OpenCore, remember to delete them from config.plist > Kernel > Add as well.
Ok, should I avoid the OC snapshot when working with your EFI?

After switching to PC’s EFI’s, I never got the prohibited sign. As long as you’ve disabled the CPG lock, it should work.

Before PC’s EFI, I was getting the sign occasionally. What I found that really helped was to patch the framebuffer. Have you tried this?
The boot issue has already been resolved, sorry I’ve now edited my quote to just the relevant part to your comment.

Ok, should I avoid the OC snapshot when working with your EFI?

I don't use ProperTree so I don't know how well the snapshots work. I usually just use PlistEdit Pro or OpenCore Configurator now.

I don't use ProperTree so I don't know how well the snapshots work. I usually just use PlistEdit Pro or OpenCore Configurator now.
Thanks I'll check them out :)

OpenCore EFI updated to 0.6.3.

All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Do not use your existing config.plist. Instead, copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address to the new, included config.plist.

Remember to test before deleing your existing, working EFI.

OpenCore EFI updated to 0.6.3.

All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Do not use your existing config.plist. Instead, copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address to the new, included config.plist.

Remember to test before deleing your existing, working EFI.

Any noticeable improvement in stability or performance? Reading through the release notes, it seems like this update prepares open core for Big Sur.

Any noticeable improvement in stability or performance? Reading through the release notes, it seems like this update prepares open core for Big Sur.

Honestly, they've all been stable and I've never noticed any variation in performance.

Back