Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Help, I was able to launch a hackintosh on your Clover, but I have a memory problem. Every time I run the hackintosh, all settings are reset and I log out of the iCloud account.
My spec: Z390 m gaming - bios f9j, radeon rx580, intel i5 9400f

Did you unlock MSR (aka disable CFG Lock)?
Did you create Serial, Board Serial, and UUID?
Did you check to see if Serial is clean?

Did you unlock MSR (aka disable CFG Lock)?
Did you create Serial, Board Serial, and UUID?
Did you check to see if Serial is clean?
1. YES with f9j BIOS
2. YES
3. YES

So I was able to flash back to f9g and now at least I can see the BIOS settings. But when I tried again to go to f9k, I get the black screen issue. I'll have to figure it out tonight after work. Fortunately, I had a Windows partition setup so I could flash the bios in Windows. I'm not sure what I would have done otherwise.

Should I try that f9j version, or are there other problems with it?
Not sure if this will help, but...

On my old Z87-HD3 I would get issues when playing with different BIOS versions similar to your problem. What I found was that the BIOS seemed to default back to the on board GPU for the initial output. I would remove my RX580, connect to the on board display output, configure the BIOS and then reinstall the RX580 with the output still attached to the onboard. Only then switch the initial output to PCIe. A bit of a faff but that would always work for me

Thanks Humanate - I was able to get back up and running by flashing back to f9g and then doing the MSR unlock manually. I'll play around with f9g for a while and then decide if it's worth trying to get to f9k again. I couldn't get f9j to install. It would read the file but would fail right at the start of the write.

Thanks Humanate - I was able to get back up and running by flashing back to f9g and then doing the MSR unlock manually. I'll play around with f9g for a while and then decide if it's worth trying to get to f9k again. I couldn't get f9j to install. It would read the file but would fail right at the start of the write.
Do it in UEFI not OS

1. YES with f9j bios
2. YES
3. YES

I have no idea why your settings are resetting on every reboot. If NVRAM is working and you have a good Serial, settings should be saved.

Are you sure you are booting from the correct EFI partition?

Final Cut Pro X (10.4.9) will install on my computer but will not open. I tried restarting the computer, then I tried re-installing it.

I still get the same error where the program crashes before even opening with the following information:

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.53.12 AM.png

FCPX installed just fine the first time that I installed macOS. I re-installed macOS because of what Windows had done to my EFI folder (and possibly-related issues with my USB mapping). Everything else has been working like a charm until today when I finally went to install the FCPX trial for a project I need to finish and it simply will not open.

I hunted around to see if there were other threads specifically for this, and while I found a couple, they appeared to be quite old or required the use of Multibeast; I did not want to mess around with EFI stuff before checking here since I got my EFI stuff directly from you.

Edit: a quick re-read and it's worth iterating what was somewhat implied...that is, if there's a better spot to post this please direct me there.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Final Cut Pro X (10.4.9) will install on my computer but will not open. I tried restarting the computer, then I tried re-installing it.

I still get the same error where the program crashes before even opening with the following information:

View attachment 487841

FCPX installed just fine the first time that I installed macOS. I re-installed macOS because of what Windows had done to my EFI folder (and possibly-related issues with my USB mapping). Everything else has been working like a charm until today when I finally went to install the FCPX trial for a project I need to finish and it simply will not open.

I hunted around to see if there were other threads specifically for this, and while I found a couple, they appeared to be quite old or required the use of Multibeast; I did not want to mess around with EFI stuff before checking here since I got my EFI stuff directly from you.

Edit: a quick re-read and it's worth iterating what was somewhat implied...that is, if there's a better spot to post this please direct me there.

Thanks!

What system definition are you using? Is IGPU enabled in BIOS?

Back