Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Please see post #3 of this thread. Towards the bottom is "How to populate System Information > PCI". That will allow you to make the GPU show as anything you like.

Keep in mind that all of this is cosmetic and doesn't affect performance.
I did! So that was just the wrong name? And I thought that I was injecting the video card incorrectly. :)
I did not know before that this PCI column needed to be filled.
Thank you, pastrychef.

I did! So that was just the wrong name? And I thought that I was injecting the video card incorrectly. :)
I did not know before that this PCI column needed to be filled.
Thank you, pastrychef.

Yes, it's just cosmetic. It doesn't affect performance.

Dear fellows...I just cant get the GRUB prompt. I`m running the F9 Bios in my Z390 Gaming SLI, I did all the process ( How To Find Your MSR Lock/Unlock Address And Change The Setting ) but Im stucked in this unlocking process...could anybody give me a light?
I unlocked the MSR on the GIGABYTE Z390M GAMING like this:
1. Downloaded here: Motherboard Gigabyte Z390M Gaming file "Z390MG.F9g"
2. I downloaded "EFI Shell.zip" from post # 1 and unzipped it.
2. Insert USB Flash, formatted in FAT32 (format with GUID parameter).
3. I placed the “Z390MG.F9g” file and the folder "EFI" (from the “EFI Shell.zip” archive) onto the USB Flash.
Boot into the BIOS, press Q-Flash and backup the old firmware to USB Flash.
4. Make an update to version F9g.
5. Turned off the computer and unplug all HDD, SSD. Left only one USB Flash.
6. I booted up the computer and saw a screen that says GRUB>
7. Wrote on this line: setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0
8. Press Enter. Got the page (in the attachment). Done.
9. Turn off the computer. Connect all the HDDs, SSDs back, and remove the USB Flash.

Attachments

• GRUB.jpg
    GRUB.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 94
@pastrychef do you have any special things that you have to do for your Radeon VII. I pulled out the boot arguments that I had added then I turned photos app back on. came in this morning and the screensaver was frozen and the system was locked up. Starting to think that it isnt related to the video card at all. and since the screensaver was up I know that it went at least 20 minutes before it happened this time

@pastrychef do you have any special things that you have to do for your Radeon VII. I pulled out the boot arguments that I had added then I turned photos app back on. came in this morning and the screensaver was frozen and the system was locked up. Starting to think that it isnt related to the video card at all. and since the screensaver was up I know that it went at least 20 minutes before it happened this time

No. Nothing special. What happens if you set your system to sleep before the screensaver activates?

Ok well I just got home and it has been running all day and hasnt locked up. right before I left for work I noticed a wire that looked like the header for the RPM of the CPU waterpump speed. I reconnected it so perhaps that was it I will let ya know if it does it again.

24 hour update, everything working flawlessly have just passed the one hour mark without turning it off! also downloaded Final Cut Pro and that also works amazingly I'm also receiving calls and texts, email working very well, no signs of any issues!

Thank you again for all your help!
@pastrychef this is an update again, everything seemed to work fine until today, now my monitor keeps cutting off and back on again randomly, or sometimes it would cut off and then cut back on pink. please let me know what If you've encountered this before and what I can do to fix it.

@pastrychef this is an update again, everything seemed to work fine until today, now my monitor keeps cutting off and back on again randomly, or sometimes it would cut off and then cut back on pink. please let me know what If you've encountered this before and what I can do to fix it.

Are you using HDMI? How is the quality of your cable? It sounds very much like a cable quality issue.

Back