Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
would you like to give a review to EFI to give a review, because I only changed some things specific to my configuration?

Interesting...

Two HD monitors and a 4k ... Are they all on the Vega?

I wonder how a real MacPro would handle this mix? Probably no UHD630 involved if Xeons (?).

I doubt the EFI is the problem, nor the motherboard. Maybe a vertical sync issue or refresh-rate mismatch? If the resume order gets mixed-up that might cause the display to blank.
:)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56+UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
DisplayPort should be fine. I've only ever had blinking at the login screen with HDMI.
For your Vega 56, do you use agdpmod = pikera?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56+UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I doubt the EFI is the problem, nor the motherboard. Maybe a vertical sync issue or refresh-rate mismatch? If the resume order gets mixed-up that might cause the display to blank.
:)
It could be too, because the 4K monitor is working with 4K resolution I didn't reduce it to 1080p.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@pastrychef Thank you very much for this guide. I have the same hardware and was able to get everything up and running fairly easily thanks to you. My system has a hard drive with Win10 loaded, and a separate drive with Catalina. I am able to boot to the flash drive and use Clover to select Windows or Catalina. However, I'd like to bypass the flash drive and be able to choose which OS to boot without it. Do I just need to load Clover in Catalina? Catalina will be the primary OS that I use.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef Thank you very much for this guide. I have the same hardware and was able to get everything up and running fairly easily thanks to you. My system has a hard drive with Win10 loaded, and a separate drive with Catalina. I am able to boot to the flash drive and use Clover to select Windows or Catalina. However, I'd like to bypass the flash drive and be able to choose which OS to boot without it. Do I just need to load Clover in Catalina? Catalina will be the primary OS that I use.

Just copy your EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your Catalina drive. Then, in BIOS, set your primary boot drive to the Catalina drive. All of this is covered in post #1.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
No, only Displayport cable (DP 1.4), here I use 2 Dell Ultrasharp 24" U2419H and LG 32" 4K UK550, same issue in all monitors.

Try an experiment with darkwake=0 removed from your boot arguments. I was having similar issues that seem to have resolved after removing darkwake=0. Might be worth a try.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56+UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Try an experiment with darkwake=0 removed from your boot arguments. I was having similar issues that seem to have resolved after removing darkwake=0. Might be worth a try.
It worked, I removed agdmod = pikera and darkwake = 0, and apparently it worked.
Tks a Lot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just copy your EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your Catalina drive. Then, in BIOS, set your primary boot drive to the Catalina drive. All of this is covered in post #1.
Thanks!